6. Introduction

10th March, 2022.
Trident, Mumbai.
Meera's POV.

I just checked into the hotel. Kya hotel hai bhai! Ekdum first class.
There's a breathtaking view of the Arabian Sea and Marine Drive from my room's balcony.
The bed is so soft and the lighting is as I like, yellow lights!
I checked the washroom and it looked elite af! Skincare and haircare products from Forest Essentials were arranged neatly on the shelf.
Sachme ameer logo ka hotel hai.
There's a bathtub too but the taps and water setting is very confusing, like every rich hotel.

I video called Aai Baba and showed them the whole room. They liked it very much.
Tonight is the team meet and greet with the players and the support staff and not going to lie, I'm nervous af!

Devdutt's POV.
I checked into the hotel today morning. Hotel to achha hai but it's nothing new.
The view from the balcony is breathtaking though! Bangalore doesn't have seas and Mumbai is famous for seas. The long stretch of the sea looks mind-blowing.
I heard my doorbell ring so I opened the door to find my new RCB kitbag.
While I was picking the kit, I saw a girl a few doors away. All I could see was her hair and then she abruptly shut the door.
Kya ye Meera hai?
But why was I paying attention to her? I should focus on my game.

7:00 pm
It was time for the meeting so I put on my Essentials hoodie and a cap.
Yes caps are essential!

Meera's POV
I got ready for the team meeting.
In case of the dressing, I kept it very simple, a jeans and a checkered shirt.
Makeup was out of bounds as I'm completely inexperienced when it comes to makeup.
I proceeded to the team room and in the lift I calmed myself down as I was nervous.
I entered the team room to see people assembled and some still coming.

There was Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma, Siraj, Harshal Patel and Faf too!
The people I've seen on TV so far were so close to me! I could practically feel my heart rate increase.
Calm down Meera! Be cool,be confident!

I searched for the face that lived rent free in my heart and I spotted him too!
There he was, sitting in a corner talking to our team manager.
He was wearing his favorite Essentials hoodie and a cap.
Yaar har jagah ye hi pehenta hai Dev.

He looked irresistible and 100 times gorgeous than what I'd seen on Instagram.
I could feel blush creeping up my cheeks and I slapped myself mentally.
Matlab he didn't even look at me and fir bhi I'm blushing? Don't give him that power over you! He already has it though.
Control your hormones or you'll embarass yourself!

After my mind monologue, I relaxed and sat on a bean bag.
The team manager Soumyadeep asked the new members in the team to introduce themselves to others.
I came to know that alongside me, Mihir and Siddharth will also work as physiotherapists.
It was my turn to introduce myself so I walked to the place with all eyes looking at me.

Here goes nothing. Be as professional as you can Meera.
"Hello everyone! I'm Meera Joshi. I've recently completed my Post Graduation and I look forward to working with RCB. It has always been my dream to work with an IPL team so yeah, here I am,hoping to learn a lot of new things and make good memories worth a lifetime. Thank You!"
Everyone clapped and I smiled at them. I saw Devdutt looking at me too but I averted my gaze very quick.

Devdutt's POV
I was seated in a red bean bag talking to Soumyadeep. He was showing me some changes in the interior when I saw a girl enter the team room.
Her hair were jet black and shiny as it glowed in the lights.
She was dressed decently and looked nervous.
How did I know that? She was playing with the hem of her shirt.
I finally got a good look at her face and she was definitely good looking.
Black eyes and red cheeks.
She looked flustered and sat in a bean bag.

Introductions started and soon she walked up to the place and spoke.
She's indeed Meera!!
She's Maharashtrian as her surname is Joshi. She spoke confidently and promptly.
Her introduction was short and sweet.
I clapped for her and she smiled.
Hayee
She caught my eye but swiftly diverted her gaze.

Third person POV.
The night was a gala time as everyone chatted happily and reminisced their old memories. Devdutt and Meera definitely wanted to talk to each other but couldn't muster the courage.
She looked at Dev and he caught her eye but to avoid the awkwardness, he smiled at her and so did she.
'Aur yaha mein pighal gayi' was Meera's mental reaction after seeing him smile.
After the party, everyone proceeded to their rooms and fortunately or unfortunately, Meera and Dev were in the same lift.
Only smiles were exchanged in the silence that prevailed in the lift.
Before sleeping, both of them cursed themselves for not having said Hi.

_____________________
Tadaaa!! Introduction done!!!
Please vote and comment mere doston!
See ya soon!
You can always message me if you find any corrections or to just express your opinions.