21. Him Over Me

Monday.

Meera was supervising Maxwell while he exercised.
After his rehab was done, she went to have a drinks break as it was very hot in Pune.

Her mouth was full of water when she heard someone screaming her name.
She turned to her left to see a man standing there and calling out her name.
Dev too looked with scrutinizing eyes at the direction where the man was standing.
"Meeraaaaaa" the man screamed again.

And Meera ran to him and into his arms.
He twirled her around in their hug.
The joy on her face was worth watching.

"Omg Rohit Shukla!!!! After 3.5 years!!!"
"I know right, but it wasn't me who was away, tu chhodke gayi thi mujhe" he said as they broke their hug.
Meera hit him on his arm.

"Are waah RCB jersey and all! Achhi dikh rahi hai" Rohit complimented.
"I know main humesha achhi hi dikhti hu" Meera said while flipping her hair.

"But jokes apart, this has been your dream from so long. I'm so proud of you for making it till here.
Kaisi hai tu?" Rohit asked warmly.
"Thankyou! It feels great to actually achieve what I always manifested."
"Aur ha, main achhi hu, tu kaisa hai?"
"Kaisa dikh raha hu?"
"Badhiya" Meera chuckled and they kept talking.

On the other side, Dev couldn't focus on practice.
He had been enraged to the core when he saw Meera run into that guy's arms.
She was supposed to do that only with him.
The way he twirled her in the hug made Dev clench his teeth in annoyance.
And on top of that Meera was laughing and she also hit his arm playfully.
Dev hated that guy the minute he touched Meera.
He saw them approaching him so he picked up a conversation with Mihir who was standing beside him.

"Dev, meet Rohit. Rohit, Devdutt" She introduced them and Rohit forwarded his hand for a handshake.
Dev had to reluctantly shake hands.
"And that's Mihir, my colleague".
Mihir shook hands with Rohit.
Dev saw Rohit give a smirk and a suggestive look to Meera to which she blushed.
He had to escape.
Mihir and Dev went away.

At lunch, Meera introduced Rohit to everyone in the team as her 'bff'
She was supposed to be only his bestfriend.
Meera and Rohit even sat together for lunch.
Wasn't she supposed to have lunch with him only? Dev thought.

Meera however noticed the change in Dev's behavior.
He was doing the same thing which he did when the Shubman incident happened.
She thought of letting it go and climbed the stairs of the bus only to find Dev sitting with Hasaranga and scrolling through his phone.
He looked at her and caught her eye but it took only matter of a minute to hurt her.
She was distracted by her ringtone and hence she went away.
Dev didn't like the hurt he could see in her eyes but right now he was too furious to mend their ways.

8:15 pm,
Dinner room.
Dev wasn't in the mood for dinner but he knew Virat would enquire and so he came down for dinner.
He saw Rohit standing near the door in anticipation.
Dev paid no attention to him and went inside.
He was seated on a bean bag with a grumpy face when he saw Meera enter the room.

She looked angelic in a pink dress and her hair open.
As much as Dev wanted to tell her she looked pretty, he wasn't going to.
Meera straightaway went to Mihir and gave him some instructions while Dev looked at her.
She saw him but gave him the coldest look.
Tit for tat.

Rohit came and literally pulled Meera and they went away.
"Meera kaha hai?" Rajat asked Dev.
"Mujhe kaise pata hoga?" Dev replied evidently irritated.
"Tum log to bestfriends ho na?"
"Yaar paka mat" Dev got up and went away.
Dev later on came to know that Meera and Rohit had gone out for dinner.
Nice, this is what she wants to do now.

Meera and Rohit sat at the table in the rooftop restaurant.
She looked at the view and remembered Dev as he loved citylights. She was really hurt by the look he had given her in the bus.
Her train of thoughts came to a halt when Rohit asked her how the view was.
"Tujhe citylights pasand hai na isiliye ye wala table book kiya".
"Yaad hai tujhe?!"
"Obviously kaise bhulunga?"
They ordered food and Rohit showed her a photo.

"She's still the same!" Meera said.
"I know right, Maya never changed".
"To tumlog sachhi shaadi vaadi karne wale ho kya?"
"Haa, 2 mahine baad sagai hai" Rohit said with a smile on his face.
"Kya!!!!" Meera reacted loudly gaining some attention from the people around.

"Tu abhi bhi utna hi overreact karti hai".
" Par mujhe pehle kyu nahi bataya duffer!"
"Are tujhe samne samne invitation dena tha isiliye nahi bataya"
"Bavlat". Meera laughed.
"Iss week mein office ka kuch kaam tha Pune mein isiliye aya aur 2 din chhutti bhi le li."

"Tu bata kya chal raha hai? Tu toh cloud 9 pe hogi na? Tera crush aur tu ek saath" he teased Meera.
"Ha Obviously. He looks just like a dream, the prettiest man I've ever seen". Meera said dreamily.
"You're such a simp Mee! Abhi tu uspe mar rahi hai, lekin ek jamane pe mujhpe marti thi" Rohit said touching his collar.
"Main? Tumpe marti thi? Please!" Meera laughed it off.

_________________________________________

Hiiiiii
I had to do this conflict type of thing, sorryyyy.

Also Rohit is the same guy who proposed to Meera when they were young.

Dev isn't the super jealous types because Meera is with some other guy.
Meera knows why he's jealous.
You'll know the reason soon.

Tab tak,
I'll suggest you a song and y'all listen to it.
Mein tenu samjhawaan ki, na tere bina lagta ji.