19. Pune Darshan (Part 2)

"Aren't these the earrings we bought in that Mumbai market?".
"Yes its the same one".
"And what's with your eyes? Makeup and all?"
"Eyeliner isn't makeup, Dev!"
"I thought it would look good with my outfit. And yeah, you've good observation skills." She added.
"Thank you Mam, and you look pretty today" Dev appreciated.
"Ho na! Thank you" Meera blushed evidently and Dev saw it.
He loved the effect he had on her.

Meera stopped the car at a restaurant.
"Here's one of my favorite non veg restaurant in Pune. It's not very classy or nice ambience but the food!" Meera did the chef's kiss.
Meera ordered authentic Maharashtrian style chicken rassa with bhakri.
Once the food arrived, Meera dug into her food and gave one of her purest (and Dev's favorite) reaction one could ever see.

"You missed this na?" Dev asked already knowing the answer.
"Yess I missed it very much! Other countries don't have such flavourful food like India does. It's all bland and raw in the UK".
Dev had a bite and loved the burst of flavour in his mouth.
But before he knew, he was coughing due to the excessive spice of the curry.

"Are deva!" Meera uttered and made him drink water while she rubbed his back.
"Is this too spicy? I should have asked them to make it milder" Meera asked him after he had stopped coughing.
"Yeah it it spicy!" Dev muttered.
"Look at your ears!" Meera exclaimed.
"They're all red! Kiti najuk ahes tu!?"( you're such a delicate person) Meera had a good laugh with Dev.

2 pm
After they were done eating, Meera drove to her house.
"Have you ever had aamras?" Meera asked Dev.
"Nope, but I've seen it on Instagram. Proper marathi dish,isn't it?" Dev replied.
"Yepp, Aai has made Aamras today specially for you. She asked me to bring you along once we were done with lunch". Meera enthusiastically told him.
Dev was overwhelmed with the affection Meera's family had towards him.

"Woah!! Why are we waiting niche? Let's go up!" Dev ran up the stairs.
Meera's mother opened the door and greeted him with a pleasant smile.
Without any delay, Dev was served the Aamras.
"This.Is.Heaven" Dev said as he ate the Aamras with Meera and her mother fondly watching him.
"He's having it for the first time" Meera told her parents.

"It's made from Hapus Amba"( Alphonso Mango)  Meera's Dad told Dev

"It's made from Hapus Amba"( Alphonso Mango) Meera's Dad told Dev.
"We don't have this variety of mangoes in Bangalore. There we have only Badami( a variety of mango grown in Karnataka)"
"In Maharashtra, you'll find many types of mangos. Alphonso,Keshar, Rajapuri, Payari are all mangoes but with different tastes and colors.
Alphonso is sweet and orangish while Keshar is a bit on the sour side. Rajapuri is larger in size and more on the yellow side".
Dev listened with concentration as Meera's Dad told him about mangoes grown in maharashtra.

They rested for a while at her house and soon it was Chai time.
"4:30 - 5 in the evening is Chai time at my place too. But I'm not a Chai person" Dev casually informed.
"Whatttttt?!!!!" Meera shouted loudly.
"What happened?" Dev asked scared.
"You're not a Chai person?! Are you sure about that?" Meera asked him and Dev nodded.
"You're missing out on something exceptionally valuable and you'll regret it soon". Meera taunted him.
"She's a chai fanatic. She ateast drinks 4 cups of Chai everyday." Meera's Dad spoke in a calm voice.