28. Best Birthday Ever

"Bhai Rutu, ab mujhe har jagah Meera dikhayi de rahi hai." Dev couldn't believe his eyes.
"Ae Bavlat, I'm really here." Meera jumped on Dev and engulfed him in a hug.
That flowery scent of her hair was enough for Dev to know that she was actually there.

"Tumhara seminar tha na? And how are you with Rutu?" Dev asked puzzled.
Meera and Rutu high fived each other and said in unison, "Mission successful".

"Are pagal, I helped Meera in her plan of surprising you." Rutu elaborated.
"Achha to tu isse pickup karne gaya tha?" Rutu nodded.
"Aur I was purposely disappointing you by saying ki I wont come because surprise jo dena tha." Meera said as she entered the house.

"Meera, you should've seen his face! Itna dukh bhari aatma ban gaya tha na ye." Rutu tried to embarass Dev.
"Aai ga." Meera pulled Dev's cheeks.
"Toh you went to Delhi ya nahi?" Dev asked still confused.
"Are stupid jab bhi she was messaging you ki left for airport, reached Delhi and all that, Madam was sprawled on her bed in Pune." Rutu informed.

All three of them had a good laugh.

"I'm so glad you're here! This has to be the best birthday gift." Dev said affectionately.
"Obviously how on Earth would I miss your birthday?! I'm seeing you after a whole month!"
"I still look flamboyant." Dev stated.

"But what's with your eyebrows?" Dev asked Meera.
"Oh, that's a new eyebrow shaping technique. Does it look good?" Meera answered and questioned simultaneously.
"Yeah you still look pretty the same." Dev replied.
"Woh kya chameleon hai kya ki har mahine alag dikhegi?" Rutu jumped into the conversation and Dev hit him on the head.

"But Dev, Rutu and I've become very good friends! Ekdum sajjan bachha he is. And he loves Chai." Meera taunted Dev in the last sentence.
"Chai people forever." Rutu high fived Meera.

"Bhai, friendship tak hi limit kar tera relation. Meera Bangalore ki bahu banegi, not Pune's." Dev warned Rutu after Meera had gone to wash her hands.
"Are mein tera Bhai hu! Aur mere paas meri wali hai." Rutu assured Dev.

Around 11: 45 Dev's parents and Chandni entered the living room.
Seeing them, Meera got up immediately.
"Amma, Achan, this is Meera." Dev introduced her to his parents.
Meera touched their feet and they blessed her.
"Dev has told us all about you. Bohot sundar ho tum." Dev's mother complimented Meera.
"Thank you so much." Meera blushed.

"Hello Meera!" Chandni hugged Meera.
"Chandni, O meri Chandni." Meera sang while hugging Chandni and everyone laughed.
"The bangles are so pretty!! You have an amazing choice!" Chandni exclaimed referring to the bangles Dev had got for her from Pune.
"Thankyou so much!"

"I heard that you're a Chai lover?" Dev's father asked Meera.
"Yes Uncle a crazy Chai fanatic. Its like Chai bina chain kaha re." Meera was in her element.
"Good, we need more people like you in our family. Warna ye Dev humesha Coffee ke pichhe pada rehta hai. Wo Starbucks mein jaake mehengi coffee peeta hai." Dev's father taunted him.

Rutu raised his eyebrows suggestively at Dev on hearing what Dev's father said.
Dev smiled in response.
"I swear I hate Starbucks! Faltu mein 400 rupees ki kadwi coffee pee ke kya milta hai? Usse achha filter coffee peeyo. Better hai." Meera opined.
"Here's chai for you. Though it's thoda different from Maharashtrian method of Chai." Dev's mother said bringing 4 cups of Chai with her.
"Aunty you're the best!" Meera said relishing her Chai.
"Raat ke 12 baje kaun Chai peeta hai yaar?" Dev asked amazed as he saw Rutu pour his tea in the saucer and drink it the traditional way.
"Tu Meera ko dekh, kitni khushi se chaha pi rahi hai. Bad Hindi but you got the emotion." Dev nodded and looked at Meera.