26. Bliss

20th June,2022.
Apollo Hospital, Pune.

It was a normal day like everyday. Except, monsoon had arrived in Maharashtra.
Since the last few days, it would occasionally rain and because Meera didn't have a car, she had to always wait till the rain stopped.
She loved rains. It would always give her romantic vibes.
As filmy as it sounds, she sceretly wished to dance in the rain with Dev like Geet and Aditya did.

It was 4 in the evening and presently she was unoccupied. The air flowing in through her cabin window was cool and Meera had just had her lunch.
She saw Dev calling so she picked up.
"Hii Meeee" Dev greeted excitedly.
"Hiii Dev!" Meera chuckled.
"Kya chalu hai?" Dev asked.
"I just had lunch and presently I don't have patients. Also, idhar baarish hone wali hai"
"Why did you eat so late?" Dev scolded from the other side.
"Are patients the. Main 3:30 ko free hui, did you have lunch?"
"Yeah I did. Kya khaya tumne?"
"I had Dudhi, that is bottlegourd." Meera said that in a dramatic tone.
"Ewww, I feel sad for you" Dev chuckled.

"Are maine hi Aai ko bola ki don't make anything masaledar because shaam ko we're going to my Kaka's place for dinner. Udhar to sab achha khana hoga."
"I had Kadala Curry with Appam."
"What's Kadala Curry? Is it veg ya non veg?"
"It's veg. Made from brown chickpea."
"Chickpea kya hota hai?" Meera asked.
"Umm, wait let me Google." Dev googled it.
"Yeah, chickpea means Harbhara in Marathi." Dev informed Meera.
"Aisa bolo na, what chickpea and all!" Meera laughed.

"You know who came to the hospital today?" Meera spoke excitedly.
"Ruturaj Gaikwad!" She added.
"Ohh Bhai woh kyu aya tha?"
"Lower Back Pain ho raha tha use. Aur he's based in Pune so aya tha." Meera told Dev.
"Buddha ho gaya Rutu" Dev joked.
"You know woh aate hi bola, ki IPL mein to maine tumhe sirf dekha tha, aaj proper milunga." Meera giggled as she told Dev whatever happened.

"He's such a lovely guy! We bonded so quickly over Pune, IPL and our Marathi background."
"Usne mera number bhi liya ki we'll meet sometime as he's in Pune till month end." Meera added.
"I know he's a very good person. Mera jigari yaar hai woh. He's that good boy types." Dev agreed with Meera.
"Maine to use humesha se support kiya hai even when I'm not a CSK fan because he's a marathi mulga."
"Mujhe pehle support kiya ya use?" Dev said in a playful tone.
"Tumhe obviously!" Meera mentally rolled her eyes.
"Achha Dev I'm so sorry but I've a patient so mein baadme baat karungi, byee!"
"Bye!".

Later that day Meera had to reach home before 6 so she had no option than driving in the rain. She had a raincoat on yet she was partially wet.
She first had her steaming hot chai. Priorities set.
Getting ready she sent Dev a picture of her earrings and wrote 'wearing the jhumkas we bought at Mumbai'.
'Sundar sundar woh haseena badi sundar sundar' Dev replied in his usual way, the song way.

Dev called Meera at 11 in the night but she didn't pick up. He left her a few messages neither did she reply.
It was unusual for Meera to sleep before 12 but he pacified himself thinking that she must be tired or she must be busy with her family.

In the morning, the first thing he did was to see if Meera replied to his text but he was disappointed. It had been almost 20 hours he had last talked to Meera.
He called hopefully and she picked up.
"Meera!!! Why weren't you answering your phone! Text bhi padha nahi abhi tak!"
"Dev, Dev, slow down its Meera's mom this side."
Dev got conscious and calmed down.
"Sorry Kaku, I was just worried."
"Ho ho I can understand. Actually Meera is down with fever. Kal raat she was feeling unwell to temperature nikla."
"She's okay na? Nothing serious na? Kaha hai woh abhi?" Dev was worried to the brim.
"Wo so rahi hai abhi. Its nothing serious, Crocin le li hai usne, theek ho jayegi."
"I'll tell her to call you after she's up."
"Ho Kaku, take care, bye".