5. Recruitment

It had been 10 days since Meera had applied for the job at RCB. She had started losing hope and so her parents advised her to start looking for jobs at hospitals.
She used to check her inbox daily but it only disappointed her.
Just like that, when she wasn't expecting, one day she got an email in her inbox and lo behold! It was from RCB!
She screamed at the top of her lungs and her parents gathered.
She read out the mail aloud which said,

Miss.Meera Joshi,
You've been shortlisted for our job at RCB. An interview will be conducted soon and you'll be informed accordingly.
Warm wishes,
RCB Management.

To say happy was an understatement! Meera danced around the whole house in a very cinematic way (imagine that).
She had traveled from Earth to cloud 9 in literal seconds.
Aap hi batao kaun celebrate nahi karega?

2 days later

"Ganpati Bappa, interview changla jaude pleaseeee" Meera prayed for the 100th time to her Ganpati Bappa. She was nervous af.
She was sitting in front of the laptop screen with her fingers crossed the whole time (bin matlab ki Ritika Sajdeh, ifykyk)
While speaking,she could feel her heart beating against her chest loudly. Virat Kohli was present at the interview as well.
The interview went well enough for Meera to grab the job.
That night, Meera received her offer letter and she had tears in her eyes.
All the years of hardwork,facing hardships, surviving in the cold weather of UK deprived of home made food and cracking the entrance exam flashed in front of her eyes.
She was so proud of herself!
The Joshi family had icecream as celebration and Meera's icecream tasted extra sweet as it had Devdutt's effect even when he was miles apart.

The next morning, Meera was added to the RCB team group and support staff group of Whatsapp.
And very predictably, Meera checked the participants of the group and saw Devdutt's number.

This was his profile picture and his status read,Let the good times roll!🪐Impressive much! Thought Meera

Let the good times roll!🪐
Impressive much! Thought Meera.

Devdutt's POV
" Suna hai RCB Management ne koi ladki recruite ki hai as a physiotherapist" Amisha said.
Like I didn't know.
I had already seen her profile picture on WhatsApp. It wasn't her picture but a beautiful quote which read
Darker the night brighter the dawn.
Her name was Meera Joshi.
" Ha,uska naam Meera hai" I told them.
Both of them had smirks on their face and Shubhang poked me in the stomach, "Bhai,tujhe kaise itna pata?"
"Maine uska naam dekha group mein and along with her, two other guys have also been added" I replied. Safe enough,Dev.
" Aur tu toh KKR mein hai na, tujhe kaise pata be?" I questioned Shubhang.
" Bhai, doosre teams mein kya chalta hai ye humko pata hota hai. Aaj hi main humare manager se baat kar raha tha tab usne bataya ki RCB ne ladki recruite ki hai. Mujhe ye bhi pata hai ki this time Preity Zinta is going to bring her babies to the tournament" Shubhang elaborated.
" You sound so much like a gossip aunty" I teased him.
"Hai na!! Mujhe bhi gossip aunty vibes aaye" Amisha agreed with me and we high fived.
Shubhang scrunched his face annoyed and we continued laughing.

_________________________________________
Okay so now Meera's grabbed the job, how would their first introduction to each other be? Sochte raho.
And personally, that picture above is my favorite picture of Dev. It was the first picture of him that I saw and dekhte hi main pyaar me gir gayi🙈