14. Dev Toh Bachha Hai Ji.

Devdutt was watching Peaky Blinders when someone knocked on the door. He opened the door to see Meera standing at the door with her arms crossed.

"Kya hua? Why are you here?" Dev asked.
"Pehle andar to bulao Bhaiyyaji!" Saying so she stepped in and closed the door.
"Now tell me what happened."
"Achha ji, ignore kar ke man nahi bhara ki ab itna irritate ho rahe ho?" Meera spoke dramatically.

"Ignore aur mein?! It was you who ignored me the whole time!"
"Waha Shubman se acche se baat kar rahi thi, BLUSH kar rahi thi tab yaad nahi aya ki Dev exists?" Dev emphasised on the word blush.
"Woh to main fangirl ke mood mein chali gayi plus Shubman is very hot."
Devdutt rolled his eyes and Meera knew he was annoyed.

"Okay sorry par exactly hua kya?" Meera asked as they sat down on his bed
"You didn't come and wish me luck before I went to bat and nor were you in the dugout to see my catch!"
"Are woh-" Dev interrupted Meera.
"Plus, you were clapping for Shubman's fifty but you didn't even come to see me bat" Dev complained like a child.

"Will you listen to me?" Meera shouted.
Dev nodded and she began,
"I got bhayanak acidity in the middle of the match. I could literally feel it at my throat and so I was with the team Doctor when you took that catch.
And after I drank some water, it literally came out because I was vomiting when you went to the pitch." She finished explaining.
Dev realized how immature his bickering was.

All he could say was,"Are you okay now?"
"Yes I'm better"
"I'm so sorry Meera. I burst out like that..I can be a child sometimes but woh Shubman was annoying me and then you were blushing and that annoyed me more." Dev elaborated.

Meera was taken aback by what Dev said but still tried to make it humorous.
"Kyu bhaisaab, pyaar ho gaya kya?" Meera raised her eyebrows suggestively and Dev smiled sheepishly.
"Waise, kya khaya tumne ki acidity ho gayi?" Dev asked with care evident in his voice.
"Woh I had Chhole Bhature" Meera laughed at her idiocy.
"Tum bhi na, mein-" Dev stopped speaking on hearing a knock on the door.

Dev opened the door and saw the hotel staff with brownie and icecream on the tray.
He looked at Meera and very well knew it was her yet he asked, "Ab ye kisne order kiya?"
"Obviously the one and only, Meera Joshi."

He laughed at her goofiness and Meera smirked at him too.
She was sitting with her arms supporting her body and winked at Dev.
Dev's reaction was the same as Shah Rukh Khan's in Om Shanti Om.
He did it mentally though.

At that moment he knew she's going to be the death of him and he'd love to die over and over if she's the killer.

Both of them had the brownie together and evidently, sharing was their thing but only in terms of food, not each other.

Dev knew that Meera enjoyed his company. The way she blabbered continuously about random worldly matters mesmerized him.
The way she wiped the corner of his mouth casually while talking, put an end to all the negative thoughts.
He still had hope.

"Did you check the whatsapp group?" Meera asked Dev.
He immediately checked the Whatsapp group to find that they'll be leaving for Pune tomorrow.
"We're going to Pune tomorrow?!" Dev exclaimed.
Meera had a proud smile on her face.
"Ha, tujhe Pune Darshan pe le jaungi, ready rehna. And be prepared for the calories." Meera warned him in a fun way.

"Tum na sach me mere diet ka popat bana rahi ho, Vadapav, Brownie and chocolate pudding."
Meera laughed and they continued their talking with the stars and the moon looking at  them fondly.

Aisi uljhi najar un se hatati nahi
Daat se reshmi dor katati nahi
Dil to bachha hai ji.
(In this case, Dev to bachha hai ji).

_________________________________________

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEV! I'LL STILL CRY THE DAY YOU GET MARRIED.
I LOVE YOU AND I HOPE YOU'RE A HARRY POTTER FAN.

Also we crossed 1k reads!!! Thank you so much to everyone who's been here since the start and also to the new members joining Dev and Meera's journey, y'all are welcome!!!

And now the Pune part will start! It's going to be very fun. Pune will always be a part of my heart and writing about Pune is a matter of utmost pride.
- A Punekar by heart (living in Mumbai 🥲) .

Whenever I listen to Pani Da Rang, Dev always crosses my mind. Do you guys like Pani Da Rang?

Also, Dev is really an innocent bachha.