33. Ganpati Bappa Morya

August 30, 2022.

"Aai, be quick! Dev will be here any moment!" Meera bellowed in the direction of the kitchen as she stood on a stool hanging a flower garland on the door.
"I'm done, what about you?" Meera's mother looked at Meera questionably  as she adjusted her saree.
"Yeah I'll get going!" Meera answered.

"Look, Dev is here!" Meera's Mom hurried to the door.
Meera turned her head to see Dev smiling at her.
It wasn't until now, that Meera realized how badly she missed seeing him so close to her.
She definitely hated video calls.

"Dev, make yourself comfortable. I'll go get some groceries. " Meera's Mom urged Dev to come inside the house and asked Meera to get him a coffee while Meera rolled her eyes.

Meera gave him a heartwarming smile, "Aa gaye?"
"Tumne pukara aur hum chale aaye." Dev yet again sang some Hindi song and Meera sighed.
"You know that you're a terrible singer, right?" She asked rhetorically.
"I know but how can I not annoy you?" Dev replied and she chuckled.

Meera was standing on her toes trying to hang the flower garland when she felt Dev's fingers wrap around hers.
She could feel Dev's breath on her ears, forming goosebumps.
She turned her head to the side and found Dev really close, to the extent that she could observe the pores on his cheek.
"Aise to na dekho, ke humko nasha ho jaaye." Dev sang a line from an old hindi song and Meera rolled her eyes for the umpteenth time.
"Let's not put up a show for the people on the road?" Meera gestured at the hustle bustle on the road infront of her house and stepped down from the stool, straightening her kurta.

"You didn't greet me." Dev whined as he closed the door and trapped Meera between the door and him, the moment they stepped inside.
"How do you want me to greet you?" Meera asked, looking into his eyes playfully.
"Like this." Dev smiled as he leaned in and kissed her.
Their sweet moment was broken when Meera heard the cooker's whistle go off and she jerked.
"Wow! Look at cookers ruining love stories now!" Dev groaned in frustration as he followed Meera into the kitchen.

Meera offered Dev a glass of water.
"Where's Uncle?" He asked sitting on a chair.
"He went for breakfast with his friends, he'll return soon." Meera replied as she opened the cooker lid and placed the rice vessel on the kitchen slab.

"Does that mean it's only us in the house?" Dev asked suggestively as he hugged Meera from the behind.
"Yeah but I have work to do and I'm still not ready." Meera ranted as she tried to free herself.
"Don't worry, I'll help you get ready" Dev tried to sound as innocent as possible.
"Ha jaroor, as if you know how to drape a saree." Meera's voice was laced with sarcasm.

"Not sure about the draping part but I know how to undrape it." Dev chuckled as he trapped Meera between the kitchen counter and himself.
"Is 'undrape' even an actual word?" Meera giggled at Dev's choice of words.
"Look at you, laughing at your own sexual inneundos." Meera added on seeing Dev laugh.
He untied Meera's hair and they cascaded down her back like a river.
He leaned in and inhaled the familiar flowery scent that never failed to mesmerize him.
Dev placed a wet kiss on Meera's neck but before he could savour anymore, the doorbell rang startling both of them.
"It's Baba!" Meera shrieked in a hushed voice. Tying her hair into a bun, she scurried towards the door with Dev in following her.
"Hello Uncle!" Dev greeted Meera's Dad with a bow and her Dad smiled in response.
"You're on time Dev! We'll all get ready soon and bring Bappa home."

Meera's Dad went to his room and Meera went to hers with Dev in tow.
Dev went to the bathroom to change into a kurta while Meera draped her saree.
A few minutes later, Dev opened the door to see Meera adjusting her saree pleats as her gorgeous locks fell on her face.
Dev loved the way she made his heart do a somersault seeing her.
Meera was wearing a bright yellow saree with a pink border and a coordinating pink blouse.
She had a small black Bindi on her forehead some flicks of her hair rested loosely on her face.
Her voluminous hair were secured in a messy bun and her ears had big jhumkas in them.
Dev could see the smooth skin of Meera's arm that glowed gently in the sunlight coming from the window.