39. Completing The Circle

"Ladies and Gentlemen! Please give them a round of applause, our navra and navari have arrived to set the stage on fire." Anamika spoke like a true anchor as Dev and Meera stepped forward for their performance.

Theirs was an energy filled performance on bollywood songs. A mashup of Ishq Tera Tadpave and Kajra Re.
No one had seen Dev's dancing skills until today.
People clapped and sang along as Dev and Meera danced.
Just as the song ended, Dev lifted Meera in his arms like a trophy and everyone cheered while Meera hid her face in his chest.

In came Ruturaj and Netra, the newly married couple. Being the Marathi mulga he is, they danced on Zingaat.
There was a request of 'once more' from all the young kids and everyone joined Rutu and Netra on the dancefloor.
Though Dev couldn't understand the meaning of the whole song, he still danced because the beat was awesome.

Meera clapped and laughed as Rutu enacted the lines,
'Samdya gavala zaliya majhya lagnachi ghai, kadhi honar tu rani, majhya lekarachi aai'
Which basically meant, the whole village is excited for my wedding, when will you become my queen  and my child's mother.
Dev was told the meaning after the dance was done because he had asked Meera why Netra blushed.
Stupid Dev!

Next was an all girls dance as Anamika and Meera danced to Chittiyan Kalaiyaan and Bole Chudiyan.
Isn't Bole Chudiyan mandatory?
Yash and Diksha danced to 'Dilliwali Girlfriend'. It was very evident that Yash liked Diksha and she liked him too but wanted to play 'hard to get'.

After everyone went to sleep, Dev asked Meera to meet him near his car.
Dev watched as Meera approached him, her face red due to the chilly weather.
She had a shawl wrapped around her shoulders and her hair flying with the wind.

Dev's trance was broken when Meera waved her hand infront of his face.
"Dev, laksha kuthe ahe?"(Are you attentive?)
"What happened? Kyu bulaya itna late?" Meera questioned, rubbing her palms together.
"Get in the car." Dev said as he opened the door and Meera got in.
"Where are we going?" Meera kept on persisting.
"I'm going to throw you off a cliff." Dev answered sarcastically.
"Very funny Padikkal." Meera said  satirically as she turned her face to the window and watched the trees and lights passing by.

Dev brought Meera to a hilltop.
It was the same one Meera had brought Dev to, three years ago.
This is where Dev had realized that he was in love with Meera.
And today, he wanted to relive that night now that they were about to get married.

"Aao mohtarma." Dev held Meera's hand and dragged her to the open space.
"Aww, this is lovely!" Meera exclaimed fondly as she watched the citylights.
"May I have a dance?" Dev asked as he gestured Meera to take his hand.
Dev had planned this and so he brought his speaker with him.
Dev took Meera in his arms and the song started playing.

Jab koi baat bigad jaye, jab koi mushkil pad jaye,
Tum dena saath mera o humnava

Meera smiled as they slow danced with a dim street light emitting it's glow on their faces.

Na koi hai na koi tha, zindagi mein tumhare siva
Tum dena saath mera o humnava

Dev placed his chin on her shoulder as they swayed to the tune.

Ho Chandni jab tak raat, deta hai har koi saath
Tum magar andhero mein na chhodna mera haath.

Dev twirled Meera in his arms and she turned to face him.
She had the prettiest smile on her rosy face. Dev beamed at her and kissed her cheek to which Meera giggled.

Jab koi baat bigad jaye jab koi mushkil pad jaye
Tum dena saath mera o humnava

Meera wrapped her hands around Dev as he sung along.

Na koi hai na koi tha zindagi mein tumhare siva
Tum dena saath mera o humnava

Meera sang as she looked at Dev, admiring him.
Her face morphed into surprise when Dev reared up.
Meera was not expecting this.
"What happened?" She asked softly.
"I cant believe I'm getting married to you!" Dev's voice was genuine and emotional.
Meera was astounded seeing the amount of love this boy had for her.
Seeing Dev cry like a baby told her that she had made the right choice.

"You mean everything to me. I cannot survive a single day without you. This journey from the RCB team room to the shaadi ghar has been wonderful! I've loved every bit of it.
Please don't leave me ever." It was like catharsis for Dev.

Meera just hugged him tighter as she ran her fingers through his hair.
"I promise I'll never leave you. We'll die together like Allie and Noah from The Notebook. Deal?" Meera comforted him.
"Deal." Dev replied as he delved into her sweet smelling hair.

Dev had not properly proposed to Meera for marriage.
They never knew how the marriage thing was planned.
It was a decision by their parents and they had agreed because Meera had already told Dev she was going to marry him ultimately.

"Because I never really asked you, I'd like to do it now." Dev said as held Meera's hands.
"This was the place where I had realized ki I'd fallen in love with you and I thought what's better than completing the circle?" Dev added.
"I firmly believe ki you were sent by the angels just for me. Will you marry me Meera?" Dev looked at her expectantly.
Meera teared up at that.
"I'll marry you a 1000 times!" Meera affirmed as she pulled Dev in for a kiss.

After they entered the house, Dev and Meera saw Yash and Diksha in the kitchen balcony, in close proximity of each other.
As they observed, Diksha rested her head on Yash's shoulder. Dev and Meera smiled, genuinely happy for them.

"Is it mandatory ki har shaadi mein ek side couple ban hi jata hai?" Dev had an amused expression.
"Kuch hi saalon mein yeh shaadi mein jana padega." Meera remarked.
"Sirf hum nahi jayenge, humare saath chota Dev ya choti Meera bhi hogi." Dev smirked at Meera and she rolled her eyes, hitting him on the chest.

Chuckling, they went to their bedrooms.

_________________________________________