Epilogue

Dev was sleeping peacefully, cuddled in his blanket. He had this habit of sleeping shirtless and then he used to pull the blanket off Meera and there would ensue a tussle for the blanket.

Meera had grown used to it now that they were married for almost two years.

Their married life was blissful and happy.
They obviously fought at times but then it would end up in Dev taking Meera out on icecream dates.
It was Dev's style of saying sorry.
Meera at times used seduction as a weapon to nullify the difference and  Dev always obliged.

A few months back they had been to Ruturaj and Netra's son's first birthday party. His name was Rugved and Dev had really liked the name.
They had recently started giving a thought to having a child owing to the fact that Dev had entered his thirties and Meera was about to turn thirty.

None of their parents or their friends coerced them to think of a child. It was solely Dev and Meera's decision.
Just like when they were searching for a cute gift for Rugved, Meera had come across a pretty blue dress made for baby girls and indirectly dropped a hint to Dev.

At the billing counter, Meera had seen a plush toy of the cartoon Peppa Pig in their trolley.
"We didn't buy this, ye yaha kaise aaya?" Meera asked Dev.
"Rugved is a Mickey Mouse fan. Ye Peppa Pig kisne laya?" Meera added.
"Obviously maine liya".
"Par kyu?"
"Humare bachhe ke liye." Dev replied casually and Meera tried not to blush.

"Aye haye, biwi sharma gayi!" Dev nudged her.
"But I'm not pregnant." Meera giggled.
"Whenever you'll be, uss time ke liye I bought this because it's very cute". Dev said as they paid the bill.
"Humare time pe ye sab nahi tha, our toys were basic and look at kids from this generation! Aajkal every kid gets their toys from Hamleys! Nakhre hai." Meera opined.
"Then our baby won't get toys from Hamleys or what?" Dev asked.
"Ha ha majak uda lo! Baby ka Dad will buy the whole Hamleys store!" Meera answered satirically.

It was Dev's 31st birthday tomorrow but for him, sleep was important.
The clock struck 12 and Meera woke Dev up.
"Ae sleepy baby, wake up it's your birthday!" Meera spoke softly.
"No, we'll celebrate in the day, let me sleep now." Dev whined and pulled the duvet over him.
Giggling, Meera pulled the duvet away and Dev turned to look at her sternly.
He was rubbing his eyes when she bought a small cake and they cut it together.

"Birthday boy, close your eyes." Meera said as she rushed to the cupoboard.
"Why?" Dev asked persistently.
"Jaisa mein bolti hu waisa kyu nahi karte, bavlat." Meera urged him to close his eyes.
"If I close my eyes, I'll fall asleep again." Dev remarked but closed his eyes nevertheless.
"Are tumhara present dekh kar tumhari neend ud jayegi." Meera said as she arranged something in her hand and hid it behind her back.

"Ab aankhe kholo." Meera's voice was exuberant as she placed the Peppa Pig soft toy in his hands.
"Yeh mera present hai?" Dev asked incredulously.
"Are ruko na!" Meera tried to be patient but she was too excited herself.
She brought up a file and placed it in Dev's hands.
"Happy Birthday Dad." read the cute note on the file.
Dev was initially dumbfounded so he quickly opened the file to see a page that said Meera is pregnant.

"Whatt!!!?" Dev screamed.
Meera covered her ears at the loud sound and gestured him to tone down.
"Are you really pregnant?" Dev held her by the shoulders as he sat on his knees.
"No the reports are lying." Meera giggled and Dev made a funny face.
"Bavlat, I'm really pregnant!" Meera said and Dev's face lit up like a thousand candles burning together.
"Oh my God Meera!!!! I can't tell you, oh my god this is the best birthday gift ever!" Dev spoke overwhelmingly as he kissed Meera's face.