7. Pool Sesh

It had been a few days since Meera had adapted to the IPL lifestyle.

She, along with Mihir and Siddharth would travel everyday with the team to the training ground. She even got her own RCB jersey!

It was a Saturday evening and Meera was busy ironing her clothes when she received a call from Anamika.
Jumping with joy, she told Anamika everything that happened from the time of her check - in in the hotel to the team meeting, including her awkward first meet with Devdutt.

"Yaar Meera, pagal hai kya tu!??" Anamika shrieked on the phone.
"Chilla mat bro!" Meera said as she distanced the phone away from her ear.

"Hi bolne mein kya jaata hai Dumbo!! Tujhe jarurat thi to tune bolna tha hi" Anamika scolded Meera.
"Are mujhe laga it would seem desperate ke aise direct jaa ke hi bol diya toh"
"Aur upar se afterwards we were in the same lift, my wild fantasies started creeping up" Meera answered honestly.

She could feel Anamila facepalming.
"Chal koi nahi, next time have a good conversation with him"
"Yes yes" Meera smiled.

Sunday

It was RCB's pool sesh today and everybody was excited. Meera for that matter was super excited.
Meera dressed up in a white summer dress and put a flower in her hair.

Devdutt's POV
Me and the boys dived into the pool and the satisfaction I tell you! I dipped my head underwater and when I came back up I saw the person I'd been waiting to see.

Meera entered the pool area along with Mihir. She was laughing at one of his jokes it seems. I saw that flower which she had put in her hair. Hmm, Hibiscus.

"Bhaiyyaji, kisko taad rahe ho?" Harshal Bhai asked me and I just shrugged my shoulders and turned to pool volley.

I caught her eye few seconds later but she walked away puzzled.

Meera's POV
On my way down, I met Mihir. He's a great guy! He's Gujarati and keeps talking about his girlfriend Pia. They look cute together.

As we entered the pool area, I could hear people cheering and laughing and saw that pool volleyball was happening.

I searched for Devdutt, trying to be as discreet as possible in the crowd of players.
I saw him standing further from the net and laughing with Harshal Patel.

Koi bhi use easily dhoond lega,Giraffe jaisi height jo hai.

He ran a hand through his wet hair with water drops trickling down his body.
Ugh, hormones!
Unfortunately, he caught me staring and so I abruptly walked away.

Third person POV
In a few hours, the pool sesh was over and all the players stepped out of the pool splashing water everywhere and wetting the floor.

Meera tried to be as cautious as possible walking on the wet floor but ultimately slipped. She closed her eyes, expecting a bad lower back injury but she didn't feel anything as a safe pair of arms caught her.

She opened her eyes to see Devdutt leaning over her and that's when she knew she was in his arms!
Oh the joy! Only if she could show it on her face.

Someone coughed and Devdutt made her stand carefully.
"Thankyou so much Devdutt! It would've certainly been a bad fall! I'm accident prone, you see" She admitted honestly.
"Don't mention! I spoiled your dress though" Dev joked.
"That's better than getting a vertebral injury, certainly!"

Meera raised her hand and Dev shook it as they both smiled at each other.
She went away with Mihir afterwards while Devdutt returned to the shower area with a smile on his face.

_________________________________________

Yayy
kuch to hua hai, kuch ho gaya hai🥳
Next chapter is going to be for the potterheads.
I'm a potterhead myself ( a crazy one) and I always wonder if Dev is a potterhead or not.