13.Embraces and Envy

It was 7:30 in the evening and the match would start in 10 seconds. Gujarat Titans decided to bat and RCB went for bowling.

Harshal Patel bowled a beautiful over in which Gujarat could only score 3 runs. Shubman Gill was at the strikers end and he swung the ball so high, that it landed in the stands.
Hardik Pandya was Shubman's opening partner. Both built a partnership of 50 runs but they couldn't do more as Hardik's wicket fell.

Shubman was raining fours and sixes from his bat and soon enough he completed his half century.

Dev looked towards the RCB dugout to see Meera clapping and smiling as Shubman waved the bat.

Devdutt did not like it certainly. He was used to the sight of Meera clapping for his inning and now that she was clapping for someone who wasn't him, he DID.NOT.LIKE.IT.
In the 18th over, Dev took a mesmerizing catch and intentionally looked at the dugout but couldn't see Meera there.

His eyes certainly showed disappointment but he put on a facade of joy and high fived his teammates.
Gujarat's innings came to an end with 178/4.

It was time for RCB's innings and Devdutt wanted to see Meera before he left for the pitch.
He hoped she would come to him and say the things which kept him motivated but she was  nowhere to be seen.
He couldn't wait any longer so he reluctantly entered the pitch.

Virat and Devdutt made a partnership of 60 runs.
Devdutt was unaware when the googly bowled by Rashid Khan hit the stumps.  Frustrated, he left with 35 runs.
RCB eventually lost the match because of the collapse of the middle order.

After the post match presentation, when Shubman was talking to Devdutt and Harshal Patel, Meera appeared.
She had a smile on her face like always.
That's when Harshal broke her trance, "Hi Meera!"
"Hello Bhai!"

He introduced Meera to Shubman.
Shubman smiled at her and took her hand in his, "Hello Meera!".
Meera tried very hard to not blush, but eventually blurted out,
"Okay Shubman I'm not going to pretend that I don't know you because I've stalked you enough and I'm a huge fan so can I get a picture please? And stop smiling, you're making me blush." Meera said all of that in one go.
Shubman smiled hearing her blabber about him.

They were still holding hands and Devdutt was frustrated to its maximum.
He coughed and Meera and Shubman freed their hands.
"Dev, can you please take a picture of us?" Meera asked and Dev had no choice but to say yes.
He looked grumpy af and asked them to stand for the picture.
"Are thoda paas aao na" Harshal interjected and Dev was in rage. He glared at Harshal to which Harshal smirked.

By that time Shubman had his arm over Meera's shoulders and they were talking and giggling.
He took a picture and handed over the phone to Harshal and walked away.
Dev could see Shubman giving a hug to Meera but he knew he couldn't react.
Meera was still talking to Shubman and Dev couldn't process it.

She was supposed to laugh like that only with him. She was supposed to be excited and happy only with him and not any other boy.
Yaar ye Shubman har baar ladkiyon ka dil churata hai.

He completely ignored Meera after that and even in the bus when she was about to sit beside him, he said that the seat was taken.

Meera's POV.

Why's Dev behaving so weird? When I went to his seat, he told me it was taken. He didn't even talk to me after the match.
Even when I was talking to Shubman, he was agitated.

After we reached the hotel, I walked beside him and tried to talk, "Hi Dev, how are you?"
He just said fine and walked away.
That was pretty rude.
Now that he isn't talking to me properly, I'm getting impatient and restless. I've been trying to figure out what happened but I cant.

Ek to pehle se hi I had to go see the doctor in the middle of the match because I got bad acidity due to the Chhole Kulche I had in the morning.
And now that Dev is doing this, my head is about to burst.
Maybe it's because of him getting out early but I need to sort this out.

Devdutt's POV.
I cannot stand Meera being this close to any other person who's not me.
The way she blushed when Shubman touched her hand was enough to irritate me forever.
She totally forgot about my existence the whole match and upar se she, above all others asked me to capture them in her camera.

I have not touched Meera this casually ever like Shubman has. 
And then Harshal Bhai says,  aur paas aao.
Wtf.

She was with Shubman the same way she's with me. Just that I got more exposure to her but now I can't help but think if this liking of mine is just useless.

Like I don't know if it was destiny or what but without her motivating and wishing me luck, I couldn't play well! I'm doomed.

_________________________________________

Namaskar!
A new chapter because I was getting amazing ideas.

Aur ha, I had to use Shubman somewhere na! Afterall, he's the only weapon to make Dev jealous.

Shubman be like, "Mujhe use and throw samjha hai kya?"

But anyways, what's a love story without jealousy?