17. Potential Sasural

Saturday.

What Meera said to Dev yesterday was truly comforting. She was full of positivity and she tried to imbibe it in people around her.
Even in the dressing room, she was always her usual cheerful self. Dancing and laughing around,cracking jokes and making sarcastic remarks.

Dev enjoyed watching her.

Today evening they were going to visit Meera's parents with her.
Getting ready, Dev went for practice.

Virat's POV

I've been watching Dev for few weeks now and he looks completely smitten. Never did I imagine that the introverted, shy boy Dev would blossom in Meera's presence.

I've seen the way Dev looks at her, he's so much in love.
They're always together everywhere. Be it the bus,the team room, dinner, everywhere!

Virat approached Dev during the break.
"Kyun Dev, how's practice?" Virat asked to start a conversation.
"It's going good. After break, I'll go for fielding." Dev informed.
"Good Good. I've a suggestion for you Dev." Virat got straight to the point.
"Go on." Dev was suddenly nervous.

"If you're ever asked to sing a song for Meera, I suggest you go for aankhon ki gustakhiyan maaf ho "
Dev saw the knowing look in Virat's eyes yet he managed to put on a balanced facade.
"What? Why?"
"Because you've only got eyes for her! All of us see the way you look at her."
Virat stated and Dev couldn't hide it anymore.
He blushed slightly to which Virat had a purely older brother type reaction.

"You actually blushed!? Shaadi ki tayariya karo ji" Virat teased Dev.
"Is it that obvious?!" Dev asked in return.
"Oye chal chal, aise hi dadhi ke baal safed nahi huye. Everybody knows that you like her!" Virat spilled the beans.

"Does Meera know it too?" Dev asked apprehensively.
"We'll find that out soon. We'll hatch a plan for it. Aakhir main kis kaam aaunga tumhari lovestory main?" Virat chuckled.
"Aaj sasural jaane wala hai na tu?" Virat asked Dev.
"What sasural and all?! We don'teven know if she likes me! And how do you know about me going to Meera's house?!" Dev exclaimed.
"Mere jassos charo taraf faile hue hai. Ab jaa". Virat patted his back and Dev ran away to the field.

6:30 pm.
Dev put on a Black shirt and a jeans, styled his hair, put on his favorite mint scent and proceeded towards Meera's room.
He knocked on her door and Meera opened it.
She was wearing a yellow dress and her hair were in a loose bun.
"Thankgod you're here Dev! I need help." She said while rummaging around her room.
"Which one suits this dress?" She showed him two earrings.
"Kaunsa bhi pehno, it'll look good anyway! " Dev answered honestly.
Meera gave him a surprised look but tore her gaze away as she'd blush if she looked at him for a longer time.

"I still have some stuff to do!" Meera said eyeing her room.
"One thing! " Dev came closer to her and untied her bun to see those beautiful locks fall down her shoulders.
"Better." Dev said and Meera could feel her cheeks burning.
She went into the bathroom.
Coming out after 5 minutes, they left for her house.

They had booked an Ola as Meera's scooter was at her place.
The driver was playing songs when Mast Magan started and Meera clapped her hands in joy.
"My favorite song!" She exclaimed and Dev smiled.

She was singing along.
Kajra siyahi din rang jaaye,
Teri kastoori, rain jagaye
Man mast magan,man mast magan bas tera naam dohraaye.