35. Meera's Birthday

10th October, 2022.
Pune.

It was Meera's birthday month and Dev was unnaturally excited.
He had planned a Goa trip for them and they would leave the day after her birthday.
Their relationship was sailing well with its own highs and lows.
Sometimes Meera and Dev couldn't talk to each other for a whole day and both of them would feel empty.
Sometimes they missed each other's presence to the point that it resulted in breakdowns.
But, they never gave up and it just made their bond stronger.
Meera would occasionally send goodies with Rutu for Dev.

Every night, he wanted a goodnight kiss from Meera but would suffice with a picture of her kissing his cheek.
At this point Meera's parents were aware about their relationship as both of them had told her parents during Ganeshotsav.

10:30 pm
Meera was on a video call with Dev and she was showing him the clothes she bought for their Goa trip.
"Ye kaunsa color uthake layi tum?" Dev questioned as he saw the fluroscent orange tanktop she was showing him.
"Why what's wrong with neon orange?"
"It's just very vibrant." Dev said.
"I'll wear this on the beach." Meera declared, folding the top and keeping it away.
"I'm not coming with you if you haven't rented a bike like Aditya Roy Kapoor in Malang." Meera plopped down on her bed.
"That was actually a secret but fine now you know." Dev shrugged.
"I've never been to Goa! Have you?" Meera asked as she put on her sweater.
"Neither have I and what's up with this sweater? How cold is it?" Dev wondered.
"It's chilly, the thing is, I like to keep the window open while I sleep but then cold breeze flows inside my room so I'm wearing a sweater."
"And yes, Pune has started getting colder. It's hot in the morning and cold at night, weird weather." Meera added as she rolled her eyes.
"Bangalore is not that cold currently but it can rain anytime, so there's always a cool breeze in the evening." Dev told her.
"You know itni thand mein bhi there are people partying in crop tops and mini skirts! Like bro, thandi nahi vajat ka?" (Don't you freeze?) Meera exclaimed, partly surprised and partly exasperated.
"Like are they resistant to Hypothermia? You know what Hypothermia is right?" Meera stopped midway noticing the expression on Dev's face.
"Hypothermia is when the body temperature drops down suddenly leading to frost bite and all." Meera informed and Dev nodded in a yes.

16th October

The alarm blared loudly. Scrunching her face, Meera silenced the device. The bright sunrays entering through the window fell on Meera's left arm, spreading a warm sensation on her skin.

Meera looked at the path of the sunrays, the way they appeared as nothing but randomly revolving dust particles, yet managing to intrigue the watcher.
A familiar tune of Abhi Na Jao Chhod Kar played from a distance, indicating that Meera's neighbour, Gokhale Kaka was having his morning tea in the balcony.

It was finally time to get up and Meera woke up bubbling with excitement. Normally she would spend some time lazing around but today she sprung up and got ready.
It was her 25th Birthday!

Wearing her 'birthday work outfit', Meera sauntered across the house asking her parents and the househelp to choose a pair of earrings that matched her outfit.
Once she accomplished her mission, Meera pulled the chair of the dining table towards herself and sat down.