36. Shaadi Ghar

कोई लम्हा मेरा न हो तेरे बिना
हर सांस पे नाम तेरा 🍃

22 September, 2025.

Dev arrived at Meera's house at around 8 in the evening.
He watched the walls twinkling, emitting different coloured lights from their source. All the pinks, blues, yellows and reds told people of it being a shaadi ghar.
Meera had called him atleast 10 times within the last two hours asking him where he was.
Dev could hear commotion from the backyard but he chose to meet Meera first.

"And then Dev will enter your bedroom and he'll lift your ghunghat." Anamika was being dramatic.
"Eww, that's not going to happen." Meera cringed physically.
"Oh so you've a seduction plan ready?" Anamika persisted.
"Mujhe bhi batao jara kya hai aap ka plan mohtarma." Dev entered the room flashing his brightest smile and Meera immediately jumped into his arms.
She couldn't hug him properly because she had mehendi on her hands but she managed to do so.
"Dev, your beard has become coarser." Meera remarked as she took a better look at his face.
Dev rubbed his cheek onto Meera's playfully until she complained.
"Tum log apna suhagraat ka planning karo, I'll bring food till then." Anamika ran away with Meera shaking her head in disbelief.

"Chalo planning karte hai." Dev insisted.
"Which planning?" Meera nonchalantly questioned.
"Suhagraat obviously!" Dev replied as he scooted closer to her.
"Seriously?" Meera laughed.
"Yeah! Dead seriously!" Dev shrugged.
"After three years of dating and doing EVERYTHING, you still want to plan for suhagraat?" Meera's face morphed into a sarcastic expression as she emphasised on 'everything'.
"Chhi, you're so unromantic!" Dev scrunched his face in a cute way.

"Show me the trophy!" Meera demanded excitedly.
"I got no trophy, BCCI awards people with cheques and silver coins." Dev explained while Meera made a weird face.
"Hain, what's this? trophy to deni chahiye." She was adamant on her opinion of how trophies are a type of validation.
"Why do I need a trophy when you're my most favorite trophy?" Dev threw a cheesy line at her.
"Just like cheese burst pizza's crust. Your cheesiness gets a 2 out of 10." Meera rated Dev's skills and he scowled.
"Thankyou! But did I tell you that you're a heavy trophy?" Dev attempted to get a reaction out of her.
"You seriously said that? You're not getting your gift now." Meera threatened him in a cute way.
She had promised Dev that she'll gift him anything he wants as a prize for him winning the BCCI Impactful Player Of The Year award.

Meera turned her face away to let Dev know she was angry. He had always fallen prey to her adorable gimmicks and Meera knew how to use this in her  favour.
Dev only moved closer and whispered in her ear "Sorry Meee."
Meera was just throwing tantrums and she definitely enjoyed when Dev tried to convince her into forgiving him.
Somewhere, Dev was also aware of this adorable malpractice though he never complained.
Meera shook her head in a no gesture.
Dev moved her hair to a side and kissed her on the neck.
"Ab bhi nahi?" Dev changed his tone to a soft one.
Meera wanted to run her hand through his hair badly but her silly tantrum overpowered this desire.

Dev then brought up a cardboard box infront of her.
"Ab bhi nahi?" Dev asked and opened the box. Meera smiled ecstatically to find her favorite Rawa Cake inside it.
"You brought this for me?" Meera asked, evidently surprised as she turned to look at him.
"Nope, I brought it for Mrs Malfoy who's soon gonna ditch Draco and marry Dev." Dev attempted joking and it worked.

"Cab wale ko bola ki Bhai Iyyangar Bakery ke idhar ruk, special logo ke liye special cheez leni hai." Dev added dramatically.
"Nyan ninne snehikkunnu." Meera had learnt bits of Malayalam by now and she would at times say I love you in Malayalam