32. Moments Like These

दिल से थी मेरी, एक शर्त ये ऐसी
लगे जीत सी मुझको, ये हार है कैसी ✨

Its strange, the way one's most wanted wish can really do come true.
Meera had wished for Dev to be hers everytime she got a chance.
And now when he had confessed, her world turned upside down in an instant.
It was as if some barren land was finally freed from being parched.

Meera had always known that Dev is just a crush and when the time comes, she would have to focus on her real life but dwelling into fallacy never failed to amaze her.
Meera vividly remembered the fake scenarios she had made up with Dev, whenever she imagined herself as the main character of some Wattpad fanfiction about Dev.

When he went on his knees, Meera initially thought he was pranking her.
But the moment she looked into his eyes, she could see an ocean of genuineness.

Meera couldn't wait to scream at the top of her lungs and announce to the whole world that her heartfelt wish had been fulfilled.

She wondered what Dev saw in her.
Meera loved herself enough to know that she was beautiful, confident, smart and self sufficient.
She wanted to know what Dev liked in her.

"Tumne kya dekha mujh me?" Meera asked Dev as he drived.
"My personal brand of heroin" Dev giggled.
"Ewe please don't become Edward Cullen" Meera scrunched her face in disappointment.

"Achha achha I'll tell. The fact that you love yourself before you're ready to love someone is really intriguing." Dev emphasised on the word 'really'.
"Whenever someone tells you, you're pretty, you say, I know right!" Dev imitated Meera and she just smiled.
"That's enough to convey the confidence and self love. I love confident women." Dev had answered Meera's question satisfactorily.

"Aur ek baat, you're also a good listener. Even though tum bohot bakbak karti ho, you're equally attentive when you listen to someone and you're my go to person because I can talk to you about anything and you'll never judge."

"I'm not a Judge to judge." Meera tried to be humorous.
"Wow Meera! My stomach hurts laughing!" Dev's voice laced with sarcasm.

"You'll have to listen to my bakbak patiently and I'll listen to you patiently." Meera said sweetly.
"Tumhari bakbak nahi suni to din achha nahi jaata."
"Pagal" Meera hit Dev on the shoulder.
"Sirf tumhare liye." Dev said cheesily and Meera blushed while she shook her head.

After they reached home, Dev secretly gestured his parents with a thumbs up and they understood the message.
At lunch, Dev's parents brought up the topic of them being together.

"So Meera, kya tumhare ghar pe pata hai Dev ke baare mein?"
Meera was shell shocked and choked on her food. Dev rubbed her back.

"Matlab? Mein samjhi nahi." Meera gulped down the water Chandni had offered her.
"Matlab kya unhe pata hai ki tum Bangalore ki bahu banne wali ho?"
Meera stopped midway and looked at Dev with a treacherous expression while he just shrugged.

"They know?" Meera questioned.
"We were the ones who asked Dev to propose to you as soon as possible kyu ki ye to bolne nahi wala tha." Dev's mother chimed in.
"Bolne nahi wala that matlab?!" Meera's voice went a decibel high and she looked at Dev who was trying to clarify the misunderstanding.
"Meera, its not like that, I was scared of the outcome so I was going to delay it slightly." Dev justified his point.

"Are meine hi isse bola ki you're going to Nandi Hills and that's the perfect spot for a proposal." Chandni revealed and Meera's face lit up in a smile.
"You guys!" Meera hid her face in her palms while everyone laughed.
"Welcome to the family!" Dev's father cheered and everyone clapped their hands.