41. You, Me and Archie

It had been a month to Dev and Meera's wedding and happiness prevailed between the families.

There were many rituals, both Marathi and Malayali which Dev and Meera followed without growing tired.
The wedding was definitely exhausting if that meant Dev and Meera shifting to their new apartment in Bangalore after a whole month of their marriage.

They had already hunted for an apartment six months back and Dev immediately bought the one Meera liked.

"What took you so long?" She questioned Dev as he entered the house with a big cardboard box in his hand.
"I was selecting a good gift for you." Placing the box on the ground, Dev  walked to the basin to wash his hands.
"Gift? Kyu?" Meera was puzzled.
"Kyu ki it's one month to our wedding and what better occasion than gifting you the thing you wanted for the longest time." Dev smiled, picking the box and kept it on the table.

The box was taped from the top but it had three holes in the side.
"Are you ready to be a parent?" Dev asked as he rubbed his palms together.
"What?!" Meera shrieked.
"Wait is it what I think it -" Before Meera could complete her sentence, Dev lifted the puppy in his hands.

"Oh My God!!!!!" Meera ran to the puppy and held him in her hands.
"He's so cute! Oh my god Dev! My baby!" Meera cradled the pup onto her chest and swung back and forth.
Dev came closer and kissed Meera's forehead and pet the puppy.
"What should we name him?" Dev asked softly.
"I've decided, Archie." Meera kissed the fur ball and he sat comfortably in her arms.
"Perfect! Hello Archie! Say hi to Mum and Dad." Dev booped Archie's nose.

"Such a pretty family, you, me and Archie." Meera was totally in love with her new fur baby.
"I've ordered a dog bed and also his food is in the car, I'll get it sometime later." Dev informed.
"You know I had considered three options, a German Shepherd, a Husky or a Retriver." Dev revealed and Meera listened intently.
"But then I thought, mere Meera ka dil to Retriver pe aaya hai, so there I got my answer and here's our baby." Dev said as he kissed Meera and then Archie.
"Thankyou Dev! Archie and I love you loads!" Meera wiggled Archie's small arms in her hands.

"Jab tak bed nahi aata, tab tak Archie will sleep with us." Meera arranged the pillows.
"Hain?" Dev asked dramatically.
"What hain?" Meera asked as she untied her hair.
"Matlab no sex for 2 days?!" Dev asked, blatantly surprised.
"Are you serious?!" Meera shrieked.
"I'm fucking serious, literally." Dev tried to appear stern.
"Men!" Meera rolled her eyes.
"Agar ye haal raha then what will you do when you'll go for tours and when we have a child?" Meera crossed her arms on her chest.
"Then I'll take you everywhere with me." Dev pulled her onto the bed.
"In your dreams Devdutt!" Meera retorted saucily.
"Now go to sleep because tomorrow morning I've work even if you're on leave." Meera laid back and pulled the cover over her, neatly tucking Archie with her.
Dev sighed and went to sleep.

_________________________________________

Dev, Mee and Archie💕