10. Market, Meera and Mumbai

The day after the match, the team had an evening off. The practice ended at 4 and everyone returned to the hotel.

On returning, Meera returned to her room in a rush which Dev found strange.

He ran behind her, "Itni bhi kya jaldi hai Meera?"
"Are jaldi karni padegi, warna market band ho jayega and I wont be able to bargain." answered Meera.
"Market? Kaunsa market? Kidhar jaa rahi ho tum?" Dev asked.

"Are main Mumbai ke famous market mein jaa rahi hu, its been years I've not shopped on streets!Main jab 14 saal ki thi tab main gayi thi but tab mere size ke kapde hi nahi mile." sighed Meera and Dev let out an involuntary laugh.

"Haso mat! I've to rush now!" She started walking until Dev stopped her.
"Mein bhi chalu tumhare saath?" Dev asked.
"You sure?? Because Mumbai is very hot and I'm definitely going to take time shopping."
"Ha ha chalega, waise bhi I've never explored Mumbai. Aaj experience kar lunga."

"Okay then, meet me in 15 minutes in the lobby, aur ha, make sure no one will recognize you! Idhar ki public pagal hai!" Meera said.
"Ha ha I'll be there." said Devdutt and they both went to their respective rooms.

Devdutt's POV

I got ready in a white tshirt and joggers. I borrowed a helmet from the hotel staff ( setting hai hum log ki).
I was waiting for her in the lobby when she appeared from the lift.

Gorgeous was all I could say. She was wearing a pink georgette kurta with a denim and had a pair of earrings in her ears. Her hair were in a bun and her eyes were lined with kajal.

Woah Dev, you've grown quite observant!

"Chalo jaldi!!!" Urged Meera.
We proceeded and she made me wear the helmet ( yeah just like the way in MSD movie).
We sat in the rickshaw and she said to the driver, "Dada, Hill Road la chala."

I could see the beauty of Mumbai through the rickshaw. Too many people rushing and vendors on streets selling things. Sunrays falling on Meera's face made her look prettier.

"Okay the first thing we have to buy is a nice pair of jhumkas on the outfit I'm wearing" Meera said.
"I love jhumkas you know, agar koi mujhe jhumka gift kare to main shaadi kar lun us se" Meera added.

Okay Dev,note this thing.

We reached the market and seeing all those stalls and vendors, Meera's face lit up.
We went to a stall where Meera bought some footwear.

We went to another stall and Meera chose some pairs of earrings but looked confused, "Kaunsa loon Dev? " She asked.
I asked her to try on the pairs in the mirror. She tried it on and was smiling in the mirror.

Dekh ke bhi nahi ho yakin, itni kyu hai bata tu haseen.
Tere husn se,zindagi haseen,tere husn ke aage koi haseena kuch bhi nahi.

Hair strands falling on her face disturbed my view so I tucked them behind her ear. She was startled at my touch so I retracted my hand to not make her uncomfortable.

"Yeh wala le lo." I told her and she bought it.
We roamed the market for quite some time and I had my hands full with many bags.

Girls,I tell you!

I don't have complaints even when it was hot like I was sitting in some blast furnace.

Third Person POV.

"Thodi der baith jaye?? " Asked a tired Meera.
"Thak jana to mujhe chahiye, itna bojh aur nakhra main hi utha raha hu." Dev answered.
"Aha ha,itna sab choose karne ka kaam maine kiya hai.Mein to thak gayi."

They both went and sat on a nearby bench.
Meera was wiping her forehead with her kurta when Dev offered his handkerchief to her.
She wiped her face with it and kept it in her purse.

After about 15 mins, they started walking again and from a distance Meera saw a Vadapav stall.

"Vadapav!!" screamed Meera and ran towards the stall. Dev ran behind her and was panting by the time he reached there.
"Why did you scream Meera?!" Devdutt asked.
"Are vadapav!!! Dekha nahi kya?? I've not had vadapav since yearsss!!! Main to khane wali hu."

Dev knew that Vadapav was a staple food in Maharashtra and he had seen it on internet quite a few times.

"Tum khaoge??" Meera asked.
"Umm, its too many calories. I'll have a bite only."
"Chhii! Pagal, you don't know what you're missing on! Jane do, dada ek vadapav dya na." Meera said .

Meera had a bite of the vadapav and the expression on her face was priceless. Dev was surprised to see that she loved it so much.

"Ummmm, this is sooo good!!! I cant explain! You want a bite na?? Take." Meera fed Dev a bite and Dev closed his eyes in pure happiness of good food.
"This is very very good. Ab to mein bhi ek khaunga. Kal thoda jyada workout kar lunga." And so Dev and Meera had Vadapav together.

They returned to the hotel exhausted yet content and Dev thanked Meera for the experience he had.
Dev dropped the bags in Meera's room and went to his own. He had a sheepish smile on his face all the time. And he knew this wasn't something ordinary. He had never felt this happy before.

Ghazab ka hai din, socho jara. Ye deewana pan, dekho jara.

_________________________________________

This is my absolute favorite chapter! I've enjoyed writing it so much!!!