20. Dance Party

It was the 3rd ball of the 18th over when Dev hit a humongous six which went flying over the MCA stadium.
Dev completed his 5th IPL century with a smashing shot and the whole stadium erupted with a loud cheer of RCB RCB

People in the dugout jumped with joy and clapped for him as he waved the bat around.
His eyes landed on Meera who had a proud smile on her face and tears in her eyes.
Her hands were in the prayer position since he was on the 90s .
Meera smiled at Dev and he could see that she was proud of him.

Rcb won the match in the 19th over and Dev was utterly grateful to have contributed a massive share in their win.

CSK players congratulated the RCB players and Ruturaj Gaikwad hugged Dev because of them being really good buddies in the Indian Cricket Team.
Ruturaj ruffled Dev's hair as they went by.
"Kitna paseena hai yaar, Chhiii!". Ruturaj joked and Dev laughed.

"Well played young man!" Mahendra Singh Dhoni appreciated Devdutt.
"Thankyou Mahi Bhai" Dev spoke respectfully.

The scene in the dressing room was no less than a festival.
As Dev and Maxwell entered, the whole team cheered and Meera ran into Dev's arms.
She engulfed him in a bone crashing hug and Dev wrapped his arms around her.
The onlookers certainly deciphered the 'more than friendship' element in that hug.
"I'm so so so proud of you Dev!!" Meera said releasing herself from his arms.
"Thank you Madam!" Dev chuckled.

All the senior players congratulated Dev on his performance and soon Dev was called to the post match presentation to collect his 'Man of the Match' award.
The RCB head coach, Mike Hesson gave an appreciation speech for the whole team in the dressing room and all had dinner.

"Dekha Ganpati Bappa ja jaadu?" Meera asked Dev in the bus.
"Ha ha dekh liya. He surely loves me more than you" Dev joked.
"You spoiled my jersey though" Meera complained.
"Me? Kab?"
"Poora pasine se bhar diya" Meera scrunched her face in disgust.
"LOL, you came running into my arms just after I batted for 20 overs straight. What do you expect?"
Meera stuck out her tongue at him.

At the hotel, a cake awaited the winners.
Since the time Meera had expressed her dislike towards cake smashes, the rcb team seriously decided to celebrate in other ways.
Dev cut the cake as everyone cheered for him.
He cut a piece, picked up the piece of chocolate that was used to decorate the cake and approached Meera.
He fed her the cake and then the chocolate piece.
Meera was very glad that Dev remembered the fact that she loved the chocolate dressing on cakes.

Tuesday, 8 pm

Everyone from the RCB team had gathered for a celebration party owing to RCB'S win last night against the mighty CSK.
The hotel staff served starters while people laughed, talked and smiled.

"This Hara bhara kebab is so good!!! I can literally have it for my dinner." Meera exclaimed as she grabbed another kebab from the waiter passing by.
"I never knew you were Bhukkad. You've already had 6 pieces, this is your 7th. Kitna khayegi?" Dev said as he watched her put the whole kebab in her mouth.
"Aisa roj roj thodi na khane ko milta hai".
Meera justified her actions and Dev couldn't help but laugh.

"Hello RCB fam, it's the time for y'all to put your best foot forward and dance!" Danish announced from the stage and everyone cheered.
The DJ played songs and the kids along with their mummas entered the dance floor.
"Chhote bachhe kitne cute hote hai na?" Meera stated while looking at Simran, Yuzvendra Chahal and Dhanashree's daughter.
"Tumhe bachhe chahiye?" Dev asked curiously.
"Obviously chahiye" Meera spoke in a duh tone.
"Kitne?"
" 6 " Meera gestured showing him six fingers.
"Same aadmi se ya different?" Dev joked.
"Very funny Padikkal" Meera gave him a sarcastic smile.

Dev was about to say something when the DJ changed his tracks to Hindi songs and everybody cooed.
Meera clapped her hands in joy.
She proceeded to the dance floor with genuine enthusiasm.

Mera chain vain sab ujda
Zaalim najar hatale.

Meera sang along the lyrics enacting Aishwarya Rai.

Mera chain vain sab ujda
Zaalim najar hatale
Barbaad ho rahe hai ji
Mere apne sheher wale.

Dev watched as Meera danced.

Haan,meri angdayi na toote tu aaja.

Virat Kohli stepped on the dancefloor at Kajra Re.

The scene was, Meera, Virat, Dhanashree and Yuzi doing the Kajra Re step.
Dev,standing in a corner, with Fanta in his glass enjoyed the view.
His favorite sight was surely Meera's hair bouncing as she swayed and twirled.

He was pushed to the dance floor by someone and he knew he had to dance now.
Meera turned to see Dev infront of her. She held his hands.
"I can't dance" Dev told Meera.
"Tumhe kya lagta hai idhar sab trained dancers hai? Lekin fir bhi sab maza le rahe hai na. Tum bhi khulke nacho. You'll feel amazing."

Hoo, meri angdaayi na toote to aaja
Meri angdayi na toote tu aaajaaa.
Kajra reeee
Meera gave Dev a thumbs up as he sang.

Kajra re Kajra re tere kaare kaare naina.

Dev did the hook step and Meera joined him.
They danced till their hearts were full.
All the original Bollywood songs like Uff Teri Ada, Beedi Jalaile, Hookah Bar kept on playing but these two took no rest.

Meera hadn't seen Dev dance ever. She really liked the nazara infront of her eyes.

As the last song ended, both of them stopped and smiled genuinely. Dev took her hand in his and mouthed a Thank you. Moments like these were precious to both of them and they wanted to cherish it forever.

"Smile please" said the photographer and so they posed for the camera with Dev's hand on her waist and her's in a victory sign.

We keep this love in a photograph.

_________________________________________
Hiiiii!!!!

Though I wrote this chapter long ago, Kajra Re was playing in my mind since today morning so I thought ki its a signal to me, that bro, update.

Anyways, Meera and Dev aren't having 6 kids 🤣

Keep dancing and vibing to Kajra Re now that I've reminded you!!