30. Bangalore Darshan Part 2

4 pm

Dev and Meera were in the car and they were visiting the most famous Fliter Coffee place in Bangalore.
"Why aren't we playing any songs? Turn on some music". Meera ordered and Dev obeyed like a child.

"Dev, your girlfriend will sing this song for you. Because Khuda is God and God is Dev. So like ban gaye ho tum mere khuda." Meera burst out laughing.
"Eww bad joke Meera." Dev rolled his eyes.

He looked at Meera while the song played in the background.
"This is my No.1 song. What's yours?" Dev asked.
"It's Aaoge Jab Tum."
Dev changed the song to Aaoge Jab Tum.
"Arey why did you change the song all of a sudden? Complete to hone dete." Meera was puzzled.
"Tumhe Aaoge Jab Tum pasand hai na, isliye." Dev said sweetly and Meera was amazed yet again.

Brahmin's Coffee Bar was the place Dev took her to

"Yeh hai Bangalore ki sabse famous filter coffee. This place was originally established to sell coffee but then they started Idli vada also."
"Do you want to try their Idli vada? They serve only Chutney, no Sambar." Dev suggested as they stepped out and Meera nodded in yes.

"2 filter coffees and Idli Vada." Dev ordered at the counter.
"As you can see, this place has no seating arrangement. It was among the first ones, I'll say pioneer in Bangalore who started the stand and dine concept." Meera observed the surrounding as Dev filled her with information about the place.

"Look at me, eating Idli at some odd hour of the day, but it's truly delicious!" Meera said as she stuffed her mouth with Idli.
Dev instinctively wiped her mouth with his handkerchief after they were done eating.
"Estu?" (How much?) Dev paid 60 rupees to the cashier.
"Prati bāriyante, idu adbhutavāgittu."
(like eveytime, it was amazing). Dev added.

Meera did not understand what he said but listening to Dev speaking Kannada was going to be her new hobby.

"We're going to Cubbon Park next." Dev told Meera as he drove through the traffic.
"Oh yeah I've read about Cubbon Park!"
"Yeah its a huge garden and quite important if we look at it from the environmental aspect." Dev added.
"Ohho nature conscious ha!" Meera raised her eyebrow and Dev shrugged his shoulder.
"Will there be dogs?" Meera asked Dev excitedly.
"Yeah many dogs! Retrivers, Huskies, Labs and many more."
"Wow! Jaldi chalo!"

" "Wow! Jaldi chalo!"

Meera was surprised by the vast expanse of Cubbon Park

Dense tree canopies and lush green color spread all over the park.
The wind was slightly chilly but Meera had her jacket with her.

"We should be thankful ki it's not raining because trust me, you don't want to experience Bangalore ki baarish." Dev said satirically.
"I love monsoon!" Meera contradicted Dev's statement.
"Mee,Pune ki baarish and Bangalore ki baarish is like day and night." Dev tried to defend Pune.

"Hey! For your kind information, Pune isn't the prettiest during monsoon but still, sitting in your balcony, watching the droplets fall and reminiscing purani yaade with your family is what I like about monsoon." Meera elaborated.
"Even I don't like the muddy wet feeling during the rainy season but sleeping in your blanket and listening to the pitter patter is nice, isn't it?" Meera asked rhetorically.

"Yes you're right. Even I love the days when it's raining and Barney sits beside me while Amma hands me a mug of hot coffee."
"Chandni always annoys me by saying ki I was a crybaby when I was a kid and I'd cry more than the rain falling." Dev laughed at the funny episode of his childhood.

White they were walking through a canopy, a Golden Retriver came running to them.
Meera immediately bent down and caught him in her arms. He licked her face and hands and Meera caressed him affectionately. Dev captured a candid photo of Meera with the Retriver.

A teen boy came running towards his dog and stumbled on seeing Dev.
"You're Devdutt, aren't you?" The boy asked Dev with twinkling eyes.
"I guess I am." Dev frolicked.
"Can I get a picture please?" The boy asked hopefully.
"Yes buddy, what's your name?" Dev asked as he posed for a selfie with the boy.
"I'm Rishit. I'm in Saint Joseph's too!" The boy stated proudly.
"Woah that's great!" Dev high fived Rishit.
"You have a lovely dog! What's his name?'' Meera asked the boy as she saw the dog licking his leg.
"He's Stuart-" The boy stopped abruptly and ran behind his dog on seeing him running in the opposite direction.

After they spent some time in the Cubbon Park, Meera remembered and important thing so she called Dev's Amma.

"Aunty, can you tell me a good place where I can find a good blouse piece and Mysore Silk Saree here in Bangalore? My Aai has asked me to bring her the Mysore Silk Saree."
Dev's mother told the address to Dev as he would be driving and they arrived at the place.

"Dev, which color would look good with White? Red ya Black?"
"Black Probably." Dev said as he imagined Meera walking towards him flipping her hair like some heroine of a Bollywood movie.

"Hello hello!? Dev?!" Dev snapped back to reality as he saw Meera wave her hand infront of his face.
Meera got the Black blouse piece for herself and then got a saree for her mother.

They had dinner and then went home.
The minute the door opened, Barney pounced upon Meera and licked her everywhere and Meera too hugged him lovingly.

"Wow, Barney forgot me so blatantly! This is wrong." Dev commented.
"Tujhme yaad rakhne jaisa hai hi kya?" Chandni retorted and the girls burst out laughing.
Dev scrunched his face and went to his room.

"Kal subah we've to start by 6 so be ready ha tab tak." Dev messaged Meera and both of them drifted off to sleep.

_________________________________________

Hello!
Has anyone of you been to Bangalore or stay in Bangalore?
I'd love to hear about the famous and hidden places of the city.