24. Happy Discovery

________________________________________

Folks, we have a ship name for Dev and Meera,
Deveera!!!🍂

_________________________________________

RCB had qualified for the playoffs last night with a great winning margin of 35 runs.
It was 3 in the afternoon and Dev along with Meera was watching a movie in her room.

"Deepika looks so so pretty in this movie! I've crushed on her since Yeh Jawani Hai Deewani aur yaha mein pighal gaya." Dev gushed over Deepika Padukone.
"Hai na! Piku has to be included in her best look book" Meera agreed.
"Don't you think your style is similar to Piku?" Dev asked looking at Meera.
"You know the kurta,the jeans,the kajal" Dev grinned.
"I guess it is".

"You know I cried the first time I watched Piku. The scene where Piku finds out that her Dad died in sleep". Meera told Dev as she paused the movie.
"Yeah I remember even Chandni cried when we watched the movie." Dev said.
"That reminds me, tell me about Chandni Di" Meera asked Dev excitedly.

"Umm okay, she's 4 years elder to me. She's a lawyer and works in a law firm. You know she's very good at arguing so she seriously took up law." Dev joked the last part.
"Dev!" Meera hit him on his arm.
"But jokes aside, she's a very good human. Jab bhi I'm in a dilemma or I'm happy or if I need to talk to someone desperately, I always approach her first. Agar raste pe koi gareeb aadmi dikh gaya to she always gives them food."

"She believes ki gareebo ko paise nahi khana dena chahiye, because accordingto her agar unhe paise diye to crime rate badhta hai aur galat istemal hota hai". Dev elucidated.
"Wow. I can't wait to meet her!" Meera clapped her hands in excitement.
"She wants to meet you too! I've told her all about you and she's like ghar la usse jald se jald". Dev said it all enthusiastically.
"Aai ga". Meera exclaimed lovingly.

The movie ended a while after and now thet had to get ready for the playoffs party.
"Dev help me decide an outfit for the party"
"Mein kya help karu, you look good in any outfit."
Meera blushed but controlled it.
"Yaar aise mat kar" Meera pleaded.
"Kaunsa achha hai?" She asked him showing him two dresses.
"This one's too blingy for a celebration and this one's too simple" Meera said as she looked at her dresses.
"I think the blue one looks better than the red one" Dev said after a careful observation.
"Aapka hukum sar aankhon par" Meera stated and Dev couldn't help but smile.

Soon after, both of them proceeded to the team room.

"What should we play?" Dhanashree asked.
"Antakshari"
"Truth or Dare"
"Antakshari!"
"Truth or Dare!!"
Yuzi and Virat argued.

"Kya humesha Antakshari khelte rehte hai yaar, aur bhi games hai iss duniya mein." Dev said as he saw the argument take place.
"We'll play one round of each." One of the team member became the moderator.

The first letter was on Yuzi.
"Jeevan ke din,chhote sahi,hum bhi bade dilwale, kal ki hume fursat kaha,soche to hum matwale" Yuzi smiled as everyone clapped.
"Please don't sing Laal Dupatta!" Navnita Gautam, the RCB massage therapist urged Harshal Patel as the word L was on him.

"Lag jaa gale, ke fir ye haseen raat ho na ho, shayad fir iss janam mein mulakat ho na ho"
The whole team sang Lag Ja Gale together.
While singing, Dev and Meera looked at each other and smiled.

It was Dev's turn." Ye shaam mastani, madhosh kiye jaaye mujhe dor koi kheeche teri ore liye jaaye"
Everyone clapped for Dev and Meera raised her eyebrows as a gesture of surprise while she clapped.

"Time for Truth Or Dare!!" Anushka announced.
As everyone answered the obnoxious questions asked by Yuzi, it was Dev's turn soon.
"Truth or Dare?" Yuzi asked him.
"Truth".
"What's the one movie you're guilty of watching?"
"50 shades of Grey" Dev answered honestly and everyone laughed and teased him.

"I'm going to give Meera the dare." Virat excitedly stated after Meera chose Dare.
"Okay go on" Meera urged him.
"Call your bestfriend and ask her to reveal one thing about you that no one here knows" Virat smirked.

Meera called Anamika.
"Hello Anu!"
Everyone heard Anamika excitedly greet Meera as she put the phone on speaker mode.
"Aik na Anu, Virat Bhai wants to speak to you"
" Whattttt!!!!????" Anamika screamed from the other side and Dev covered his ears.
"Virat Bhai as in the Virat Kohli?!"
"Yes you dumbass, I'm giving the phone to him".
"Hello Anamika" Virat greeted her.
"Haaye, I mean Hi!" Anamika spoke totally smitten while the others giggled.

"So I'm here to ask you to reveal one thing about Meera that no one knows".
"Are you guys playing Truth or Dare?" Anamika asked instinctively.
"Nope,its just Meera, me and Anushka here. It's for a good cause". Virat lied flatly.

"Is Devdutt Padikkal around?" Anamika asked from the other side and everyone looked at Dev.
He too was confused and Meera knew what was going to happen next.
Meera started biting her fingernails anticipating the reactions of the team.

"No he's not. Why did you ask though?"
"Okay so Meera has a crush on Devdutt ever since she was 19 years old. After his debut match in IPL 2020, she went crazy and researched literally his biography."
All the eyes were on Meera and she hid her face in her palms.

Dev was too stunned to speak. He could feel eyes on him.
His heart did a happy dance knowing that she liked him romantically but he couldn't really express anything on the spot.
"The reason I asked if he's around was that if he comes to know about it, Meera will kill me. So I urge you to not speak of this anywhere."
Meera snatched the phone from Virat and exited the team room.

"Waah Bhai Dev, teri to nikal padi" Harshal teased him and Dev just smiled but right now his priority was Meera.
He had to talk to Meera after she abruptly exited the room.

Meera was standing near the pool calming herself. What would Dev think of her? Will he categoize her as another of the fangirls? Will their friendship end? She didn't want to lose him.

She was startled to feel a hand on her shoulder.
Meera turned around to see Dev and she started apologizing.
"Dev I'm really really sorry for that. I never meant it to be discovered by you. I'm not like the other fangirls you have so please don't end this beautiful bond that we have."
"Shh! Shut up! Did I ever ask you to apologize?" Dev held her hands in his.
"No you didn't  but - "
"Meera! Why didnt you ever tell me before about this?" He calmly asked her.

"Because I feared it would spoil our friendship and secondly because I'm a professional and work ethics don't allow employee having relations with the team memebers" Meera elaborated, now a little relaxed.

"I'm delighted that you've a crush on me but do you think of me as a blockhead who doesn't understand the difference between fangirls and Meera Joshi?"
She shook her head.
"Then why do you fear? Have I ever judged you?" He asked in a comforting tone.
"Nope, never" Meera said as she strengthned the grip of her hands around his.
"Yeah so pyaar kiya to darna kya"
Meera laughed at this statement and Dev was glad to see her come back to her normal self.
"Now stop being sadu and come back to the party"

"Waise have you had any sexual fantasies about me?" Dev asked with a smirk.
"Oh God Dev!!"
Dev ran away before Meera could hit him.

_________________________________________
He knows, she knows!!!!

Khatam kar du kya story?
No bro abhi bhi hai bohot kuch baki.

You know I can imagine Deveera celebrating Diwali in pretty clothes and someone taking a candid photo of them smiling at each other with Dev's hand on Meera's shoulder.