Not to be approached

-Frisk's POV-

It wasn't much of a discussion when it came to whether or not to keep working, I knew chara wanted to be productive today but after the events it was probably best to just rest for the day. After all the work would still be there tomorrow, and there was no use getting in the scientist's way. We opted for the old truck opposed to my car for a few reasons but mostly because it just felt more comfortable to ride around in that, especially because of the recent weather causing many of the roads to have lots of debris on them that hadn't been cleared yet.

Chara took us right to her home, as soon as we were on the ground we went right to the medium sized truck. The single most consistent thing over the last five years, never once failing even having been left for two years and being able to just start running again. I decided to take the keys as I'd offered the drive in the first place so it was only right that I took the wheel.

It didn't take long for us to begin exiting the town going away from the city sticking to the mountain roads, despite the winding and narrow path it was still less stressful then trying to drive around other people. We didn't talk much allowing the hum of the vehicle and the music playing to occupy the silence, one of us occasionally mouthing the lyrics or singing quietly enough that nobody else heard us.

I'd gotten well beyond comfortable taking these roads quickly as I'd driven them on hundreds of times over the years since getting a license, something just made it so peaceful, easy to get comfortable. As I saw the blue lights in my rearview mirror I realized I'd in fact gotten too comfortable, looking down I found that I had ended up going at nearly fifty over the speed limit which on these roads was thirty. Having seen the amount of work that Raguel had done on the truck over the years we would have easily outrun the police... on a non mountain road. I wouldn't try either way as I knew we'd be fine. Nobody's gonna try to arrest the three of us without being extremely ignorant to what's happened in the world.

I pulled over to the side of the road, luckily we'd found a straighter spot to pull over. Putting us in park and pulling my license from my pocket, along with the insurance and registration from beneath the seat. I knew the drill, and where everything was as it seemed that Raguel would get pulled over every other time I rode with him for driving dangerously, guess it just ran with the name. It was only a few minutes before two police officers stepped out of the car and began approaching us.

One of them went to both sides of the vehicle, the one on my side being a young baby faced Deputy. The other being a clearly older Deputy being likely mid thirties. As soon as the older officer looked in the car a grin grew on his face before standing up straighter and patting the roof of the truck before walking away. "Yep you've got this one Xander, I'll be in the car."

As soon as this was said the younger officer looked back half confused but did his best to follow procedure. "License, registration, and proof of insurance please Ma'am." I handed them over keeping my hands on the wheel and leaning back as he looked over the documents. "Do you know how fast you were going back there? It's really not safe to go fast on these roads."

"Eighty six if this speedometer is correct. Fifty over." He continued looking at the name on the license looking a bit confused before continuing with normal procedure.

"Is there any weapons in this vehicle? And if so how many, what type, and where are they located?" That question stumped me as I looked around the truck taking count, well more of a guess than anything. There was honestly no telling. So I just said the ones I knew about.

"Four I think, I have a revolver on my right side, she has a handgun on her waist, and I think there's a semi-automatic rifle, and a machine gun under the bench seat. I suggest you go run that paper work." I said seriously looking at him, machine guns were illegal to own for most. Though running the information would tell that we were not most.

It was obvious that he wanted to do something else, but looking into the mirror I could see his partner or more likely FTO calling him back to the car. He began rushing back leaving me and Chara giggling as we knew what came next. "Damn frisk, gonna scare the kid right out of his skin" For once one of his jokes actually made the situation so much more humerus.

It was less than a minute of him being gone before the kid was practically running back to us holding all the information back out to me. "Oh my god Ma'am I'm so sorry, it won't happen- I'm new here-" He kept trying to get out the right words until I just put my hand up silencing him.

"No you're fine Deputy, though if you don't mind me asking what does it say when you look me up in your computer?" He seemed to get nervous at the question looking back momentarily before answering.

"There's a uh... there's kinda just a giant alert that says do not approach, and that you're a dangerous person with legal immunity." I nodded thinking before holding a fist out the window.

"Alright, you're free to go. I appreciate your service." He hesitated for a second but bumped my fist before walking away dumbfounded. Once he began walking away I turned the truck back on looking over to the others in the vehicle. "See that? that's how you reverse psychology the police and tell them when they're free to leave. Chara do you know if we're near that cabin? The family one, I think it's near here right?" Luckily Chara was able to pull up a map on her phone in relation to where we were to the cabin.

We had bought the cabin during the three year's peace for a kind of getaway for officers, where they could stay while visiting our world. As we found most were more interested in nature than anything so it had kinda turned into a cabin themed biology lab. With the regular cabin supplies being brought by us normal people, then the science equipment was kept in the basement brought by the smarter amongst us. "Yeah it's about an hour south of here. I can tell you how to get there, it is getting pretty late after all."