The Old mission

The three of us landed with a thud on the hard cobblestone floor of some new lab, landing on one knee I looked up expecting to see the usual shocked looks of scientists as we'd just shot out of their machine. Instead though we saw a younger looking version of Gaster seemingly surprised at our appearance. His clothing being like nothing I'd seen thus far outside of the afterlife, and if I had to guess an era it was a medieval explorer's garments complete with a cape and sheathed sword.

It'd been a week since we'd decided we were going to return to exploring the universes. We'd gotten approval quite easily from Asgore and then got to work, making us look as normal as possible. As I'd decided we'd hide our hand until it was time to play so to make us look as natural as possible we'd made contacts matching our original eye colors, as well as changing out our attire for more iconic clothing choices. Frisk and Chara wearing blue and green respectively. While I stayed my normal self, I pair of dark colored pants with a black long sleeve shirt and cloak over top. We all openly carried similar weaponry a dagger long dagger and a handgun displayed on the side we were more accustomed to. Of course we carried bags as well carrying any extra gear we might need, compacted into a small bag of Alphys's design. We even went as far as to mask our souls as normal ones to throw even the keen eyed off our tracks.

I got off off my knee and held out a hand to the single scientist that was around. "Apologies for the rude entrance, I am Jason Vogel. These are my two fellow ambassadors, Frisk and Chara, we don't wish you any harm." He stood looking over us curiously for a few seconds before bringing his hand out as well shaking mine.

It was odd, he wasn't like any Gaster we'd met before. At least not that I'd remembered. "Well hello there, I am doctor Gaster. Though most just call me Doc, I'm the lead appointed Doctor of the kingdom of Greater Fall. It's a pleasure to meet all of you, though may I ask how you got here?" The feel to him was more inquisitive than ours, and less cold too. It was quite clear this was still a relatively new invention by his not knowing how we'd gotten here.

I'd done this explanation a million times so it was quite easy by now as I was damn near a subject expert. "Well you see, as you probably know your machine works on drawing trace amounts of determination from the void. We have come from that void using your machine as our transportation. The determination it produces being a biproduct emanated from the beings living within." I let go of his hand while I said this and he scratched his chin a little thinking about the implication I'd set in his mind.

"And does this have any kind negative affects in the void? I hope I'm not hurting anybody with my machine. If so I can stop it's use immediately." He even had open Empathy, this truly must've been a long time ago to be seeing this kind of behavior from him.

Frisk spoke up quick to quell his worries about hurting the void. "Oh no, it doesn't hurt them. The only way they know is because they're able to track where it goes. Though if you don't mind I do have a question."

"Of course, I asked a question so it's only fair that you get to as well."

"What year is it?" Asked Frisk, asking the question that we were all thinking of asking.

"That's easy, it's year one thousand one hundred and nine of after light. Why do you ask? Might it be measured differently where you are from?" 

Chara decided to at last chime in. "Not measured differently, but all worlds are at different points. While this world may be in year 1109, our world is in the year 2024, and we've been to other worlds where the year is hundreds of years past even our world." We saw Gaster's eyes light up hearing this news immediately wanting to know more.

"This isn't your first journey? what are other worlds like? and the future what's that like? Oh there's so much I want to know, but please wait. I think it would be best if the king got to hear this, don't worry I know it might sound intimidating but trust me he is the nicest man you will ever meet." We refrained from telling how we already knew how he was but followed as he asked us to. "Here, come with me. We can go see him now, I'm sure he's not too busy for such a wonderous occasion."