Pure Focus

It'd been nearly three weeks now since we'd left our home world, since that day we'd been living in the void again. We were welcomed without a second thought as after everything we had been through together our allegiance had never once changed. The remnants of the Rapture guard were spread amongst the various universes, by now we'd routed out the traitors and those who had been spreading Asgore's lies had either been imprisoned or executed for treason. Though most of the time their own mates killed them before I even had gotten word that they were a mole. Nobody likes a traitor.

We had gone back home several times in secret, casting a protection spell over all our homes so that no matter what happened they couldn't be entered or disturbed. Even if we were away it was still my home and I would do anything to protect it. As for the Archangels I had decided to forgive them with the guidance of Frisk, who'd been helping me a lot recently as to not stress out too much, which had been a clear issue to anyone who saw us. Even though I did my best to keep well kempt it was obvious I wasn't getting enough sleep and my operational energy was constantly running low. Unfortunately despite everything that was tried Una was only able to alleviate some of the complications that come with a god's soul in a mortal body and mind. Without her I'd probably go crazy with everything going through my head... well more crazy anyway.

One of the biggest factors to what Asriel had said about when someone comes back from the did was really sticking with me, and I really began to notice those little moments of blankness. This leading me to the conclusion that the power from Asgore should be given to Frisk and Frisk alone, as she was the only one who was of her right mind and I was able to trust with my whole heart. I loved everyone around me but she was the only one fit for the responsibility, I could only pray she'd forgive me for what she'd go through as a result of the power, but there was more she had to do before she could control that kind of power.

I woke up early in the morning in the void, I knew it was truly early by the fact shift change had not occurred by the guard, being able to see the same souls sitting by the entrance as when I went to bed the prior night. Despite having quarters in the embassy we made the decision to go to the guard quarters instead wanting to distance myself from the Universal guard until I was in the right mental state to lead again. Despite the cold of life I still felt some warmth waking up holding my wife in my arms and seeing her sleeping peacefully. Even if deep down I'd started having doubts of whether she was the same girl I knew years ago I'd still give everything to protect even a shadow of who she was. I looked down at her and frowned softly but knew I had an important job to do.

I teleported out of the room, replacing my body with a pillow as I always had, something was important about keeping things the same. If I didn't keep something the same I feared that the power would get to my head and I'd lose sight of what things should be like. Even if in all honesty I had no idea what things were supposed to be like. I walked across the hallway and knocked on the door three times. I could feel her starting to wake up despite how much I tried to keep myself from using my senses like that. I stood beside the door leaned against the wall, I could hear her getting up and throwing something on quick before answering.

She walked to the door and opened it up looking around outside but before she could say anything I spoke. "Let's go, I've got an important job to do, and I fear I can't rest until It's done." She looked pretty tired still but that wasn't very important to me at the moment, and could be dealt with whenever I got around to it.

"Wha- Jason It's three in the morning. What is so important that it can't wait a few more hours?"

"A job that will take months if not years to complete, so let's go." She wanted to continue arguing but just went quiet. going back into her room and closing the door behind her to get fully dressed. While she did this I took the locket from my pocket and opened it up looking at the glowing rainbow soul within, oh the untold evil going on within this object. I could only be thankful that the soul I had taken came with a more than helpful guide, Frisk on the other hand would have to experience every last bit of it's power and all that comes with it.