Final Awakening

-Jason's POV-

"All this time darkness, you've been holding out on me-"

"You were holding out on yourself, I was just doing your bidding. You were so scared of people knowing the true monster that you were, that you weren't that monster that they needed in the most dire circumstance. But now you have everything that you are, the question is, what will you do with it? The power to go blow for blow with the gods with all of your levels stripped, and then the other three quarters of your power you kept bound away. Unable to be taken away by anybody." I held my hand up and looked at it curiously as a small fire was built at the tip of my finger. 'Unable to be taken by anyone?' "Yes, nobody can take it from you. Because it comes from the one thing nobody can ever take away." A tendril came from the cloak and tapped me on the chest. "It comes from your soul. It exists not because of will, or live, the truth is it exists because you need it to. So as far as you need it, that power will always be there at your disposable."

I thought back to the fight and everything that'd taken place in it, some things just didn't make sense. Like when my strikes kept just passing through him, even when I was at my peak I wasn't able to become intangible like that. "When we were fighting, my attacks were going right through you. How did you do that? I thought even gods had some laws to abide by."

"First of all, you flatter me by comparing me to a god. Second it's a relative ability granted through what you so lazily named the stages. The second stage is absorbing the energy of the world around you to increase physical attributes, and absorb magic. The third is more complex than that. Using that energy effectively to create it's own abilities. It's destiny that you ended up here, because the only way you reach it is with my help. Light, Dark, and nature combined to make the perfect union of energies to master the abilities the combination of light and dark create. But, I don't want to ruin the surprise as to what those are. That's your path to walk. For now though... let's go show those bastards not to doubt the guardian" Before I could question what he'd meant I was back planted on the ground in the underground of Underfell, as if nothing had happened.

No time had passed at all as I just kept walking along the dark deserted path, looking off to my right towards the water calmly, staying deep in thought even as the others tried to get my attention. Yet too much was on my mind right now, what they thought was important was secondary to me right now, and eventually they'd just given up on talking to me for the time being.

Just as expected I eventually encountered a very pissed off Undyne again, however this time I had no interest in fighting her. Seemingly this only made her more mad, however this was just a way for to test a theory. Despite the yelling from Flowey and Chara I did not move as the Captain jumped towards me spear in hand. Simply looking up to her last second, that being all it took to create a shockwave strong enough to throw her back into a rock formation nearly a hundred yards away. 'Let's see this Darkness, let's see what we can do.' without a second hesitation I appeared standing on the ceiling above Undyne as she slowly pushed herself up and planned on going towards the body that I had left for the real Frisk to inhabit.

'Be careful Jason, one hard hit and she's dust.' 

'Guess I'll just have to go easy on her then. Let's just stick to the basics to tire her out.' A spear formed in Undyne's hand as she stared down Frisk a short distance away who was clearly a little dazed and confused. However before she could act I whistled and got her attention, looking up at me just as a Gaster blaster appeared and fired down, giving her just enough time to move out of the way and lead her around with the beam until I made a bed of bones strike up out of the ground bringing her into the air where she was met by a shower of throwing knives coming towards her. I knew she could probably avoid most of them but it was enough of a distraction to not be able to control her fall.