Perfection of Calm

-Jason's POV-

There was something to be respected in Of Anger, despite his namesake he was not an angry person, or really even at all aggressive for that matter. He was rather reserved and timid once having been calmed down from his panic attack he had as he was being created, he was very smart however with a childlike curiosity, he learned quickly from Darkness and myself while learning the basics of magic control and power balancing of their soul. As his power level was raised more he was taught the basics of illusion magic, time manipulation, teleportation, and self cloning. All through the training we mixed in experience with all variety of weapons from short range to long. War clubs, to rocket launchers, to emp weapons. Giving him all real world scenarios for practice on each of these, including times in my own memories that I had to use them, with the help of Darkness to get every detail perfect. We stayed at this basic level for as long as it took for Anger to become perfect in every move he made, every punch, every kick, slice, shot, placement, word, was without any fault. 

I made sure to make time between exercises to talk with him, making sure everything was going according to plan in his mind, and that everything was understood, but more than that, I made sure that everything was okay with him, and his mind was in a good place. In large part because it was impossibly to reach upper stages without a clear mind, but also because he genuinely seemed as if he needed it. Now, I was very much not a mental health specialist, and barely even a physical health specialist. However I did know that everyone needed to talk, just as I had to Gaster for years. It took nearly the first three years of our training to get the basics down to an exact science, allowing us to move on to more complicated maneuvers and techniques, however the perfection of basics allowed us to begin chaining together attacks and movements with ease. Even the most complicated combos, and attacks were executed with unavoidable precision, attacks that made it even difficult for myself to defend against them. 

 It wasn't till around the mark of the fifth year that I finally sat Of Anger down, and we began my real training. While yes teaching experience was useful in creating stronger and stronger allies, it was not what was going to win me the war. The three of us sat in a triangle on the ground, all cross-legged as I explained the next phase of training. "Jason, we've been working through all the techniques for a while, but now it's time for one of the most essential, and admittedly tedious parts of training. We're going to get you to the second stage, before you ask- the second stage is a mental place of acute mental awareness, and increased control over your own body. With this you'll have vastly lowered energy consumption while doing magic attacks, perceive time slower which means better reaction time, along with a level of violence boost anywhere from a basic five to a master forty times increase. For the first time it will likely take several days, but that's why we start early, to get time as short as possible." He tilted his head slightly as he looked at me curiously.

"How fast can you do it?" To answer this question I simply looked at him, and when I chose to my eyes started to glow with incredible intensity. He looked in awe at the speed that I could do it, just after hearing it took days to do it for the first time. However, just a few days ago I had spent seven and a half years perfecting the ability. 

"A tenth of a micro second, so, by any measurable purpose, instantly. Given the beginning engagement distance is around thirty meters, and nobody ever uses light speed movement, that is as close as it needs to get." Of Anger still looked at me curiously. 

"Why doesn't anyone go light speed? I mean, are you able to?" 

"I can snap my fingers and make the entire universe we exist in disappear in an instant, yes, I can move at light speed, as for why, it is because doing so could cause a rip in the fabric of time and space, and that would be... less the ideal for a world you are trying to protect. In any case, it will be mainly Darkness observing you during this, as I will be training to attain the third stage with him. Before you ask the third stage operates on the same basis as the second, except with further enhancements, along with abilities of it's own. As far as I understand anyway, you'd have to ask Darkness, I've never used it before today, but I had to learn how to counter it to beat him."