Preemption

-Frisk POV-

Chara and I were out together before we'd have to go back for the second day of interrogation of Elliot, we were at the diner discussing the information we'd been relayed by our replacement armorer. He'd told us the limited information he was able to gather in one day, and the information we got was not ideal to say the least. It sounded like a science fiction story, the total soldiers was unknown but estimated to be in the range of several millions soldiers on the ground alone. This didn't even take into account their technological power that also seemed to be lightyears ahead of us, but we couldn't let this intimidate us. If we did not have numbers and we didn't have technology we would have to be smarter and more spontaneous than them.

Though the discussion of what exactly we'd do would have to wait until we had our best strategists together, for now getting some relaxation between work was what was focused on. We learned well that having your mind clouded by work especially in this field could cause irreversible damage to your mind so we took our breaks very seriously.

"It's bothersome for sure but I don't think it's anything worth panicking over yet, have some faith in our forces. After all we we've never lost before, it's always a hard fought battle but we come out on top." Chara nodded simply laying her head down on her hand as we ate together.

"I know I know... It's just I'm still worried, no offense but a lot of what we accomplished was with the General's guidance. Now it's up to us to know the best way to handle things." I did my best to stay confident but still I was worried as well, I'm not a soldier. They're putting a once pacifist to lead a military through a war.

"It won't be easy but with the help of our aides I guarantee we will be victorious. But let's get off the subject. Our scientists have been doing some extra testing on DSS-38x, this time on someone who can do magic and it's got some promising effects. They gave some to Void and he was able to produce almost ten times the normal amount of magical energy. I wish I was there to see it, I'm sure it would've been incredible to see someone fire off that much energy at once." I said but Chara wasn't paying attention she was watching something out the window but when I tried to match her eyes I couldn't see anything. "Something wrong Chara?" 

I closed my eyes and that's when I saw it, a humanoid with a red soul crouching down behind a car as soon as I opened my eyes everything went to hell as a blaster the size of one of the Jason's appeared facing towards us and prepared to fire. Having no time to do anything but this we teleported outside of the building and watched as a red beam of energy fired at the diner, the blast covering the entire building. Lasting several seconds I expected nothing to be left but when the dust settled it still stood. I finally saw them, a figure wearing a mask to cover their face but the Green sweater and gold necklace told the whole story.

I then saw why the building was not destroyed standing opposed to Chara stood Jason, a version I couldn't immediately recognize. "What? You should be-... Jason you're alive!" She immediately lowered her hand running over to hug the unresponsive Jason. I closed my eye and saw who it was, it was the soulless one. The revenant as the soldiers came to call him because of his lacking of a soul and seemingly altered mental state. The name just sticking, as every soldier had a nickname to distinguish themselves from one another. He didn't hug her back though, standing looking down at her. "What happened to you?"

"I failed, I was stopped. One moment I was powerful and the next I was back to being a mortal." He said plainly, to her confusion but then her glee.

"It doesn't matter you've joined in the nick of time, we're just cleaning up some loose ends before we come back in full force. Care to join me my love? together we can make you back once more." She took a step back holding a hand up to him.