True Heroes

I didn't have much time to respond as she walked off as I was approached by a young soldier wearing what I could only assume to be a uniform from a war decades ago with a bolt action rifle on his back. He held a hand out to me. "Nicholas, Sniper?" An Interesting way to start a conversation for sure, but no I was not.

I took his hand and shook it. "No, light infantry. Though I like to think I'm a decent shot. You a sniper?" I didn't think my first conversation once dead would be about military applications but I guess I should have learned to expect the unexpected.

"Absolutely, 642- maybe 641 confirmed kills... the nazi bastards never saw it coming. what about you? What did you do? fight in wars? Fight crime? How did you earn your place here?"

"A little bit of both actually it's a very long story but I was a private investigator then got wrapped up in a mission to save the king of monsters, which in turn lead me to leading a military force of over 20,000. Which is where I was killed, on the front lines with my soldiers... But hell I bet you got some stories yourself old timer." He let go of his hands and crossed his arms, scratching his chin with one hand. He sure did have some classical confidence, the kind to have class but still let everyone know he was good.

"Yeah I'd say I have a few, like the time I killed a pilot with my rifle. I think I'd say that would be my single most impressive feat. What about you?" The single most impressive show of strength was easy for me. Obviously it was taking down that battleship by myself.

I decided to go with a joking answer at first instead of trying to show off immediately. "Single most impressive thing I ever did? hmm... probably getting my wife, that was pretty impressive." Nicholas laughed a little at that but kept egging me on to tell him what my real most powerful moment was until I eventually told him. "I suppose my real strongest moment though was years ago when I single handedly brought down a warship that was destroying a city, killing over thirty nine thousand that day alone." It was clear that he thought he'd be able show off by the look on his face, but he was quick to argue. rather being in disbelief than wanting to believe it was possible.

"Follow me, you're going to have to prove it. I've heard a lot of outlandish claims but that takes the keks." He walked over to a group of people who seemed to be sitting in front some screen and began talking to them, as he spoke all of them gave me looks until Nicholas came back with a remote handing it to me. "Here, show us just go over to the tv and press the button with the memory in mind, then we'll see if you did what you claim." By this time I was catching the tension of more of the groups the room getting quieter as I was watched. Definitely feeling the pressure from all sides I grabbed the remote from nick and walked over to the screen and did as he had said. Instantly a video began playing on the screen from my perspective, it started while I was standing on the roof of the building and continued on from there.

It was nearly instant the shouts of disappointment as they saw me running away from the giant ship, I refrained from saying anything back as I sped up the time till the extractor room only slowing it back down just before I threw frisk into the machine. Immediately the jeering stopped as they saw me do this then shut the machine back off and go back up to the surface. The room had now got mostly silent as I stared down the battleship and raised up the rocket launcher shortly before firing five rockets and begin moving. Everyone in the room was watching the screen now as I quickly moved back down to the ground and began attacking from the ground.

I got distracted as I was approached by someone who was dressed like a cowboy complete with a revolver on his right side and a red bandana around his neck. He looked to be much younger than me, in his teens. "Howdy Friend, been watching you for a while. Looks as though we've got some things in common, how's Mom doing?" It almost instantly clicked with me that this was the 'cowboy wannabe' that flowey had mentioned years ago that I had replaced.