Favor, or consequence

-Frisk POV-

It was months longer before we could finally leave the dream world Una had placed us in, when in reality it had only been a few hours since we'd been summoned to her world. While as much as I wanted to go home to Dad at home, there was still much work to be done before I could take even a short break. We all had an urgent duty to attend to, and mine was no task of small importance. As soon as we were able to leave the simulated world, Chara and I were immediately transported back to our own home world. Helix would go on gathering our captains for a meeting while I made first contact with the leaders of our world. The puppets would just have to wait for now.

After the attacks the assembly no doubt dispersed to get to perceived safety, however thanks to a career in politics I knew where the president would be without even having to search. We left the others, teleporting home and landing in the middle of the largest city in Gilayna. It was no surprise that despite being a large city, near silence reigned over the area as after such an attack on so many of the world's leaders the region would be no doubt under military lockdown until they could ensure a safe evacuation which would not be for some time. It wasn't long before our presence was noticed by all of the guards, sticking out like a sore thumb.

Snipers were aimed right for us as we were swarmed by at least a dozen soldiers all giving different orders. Knowing the drill already I retrieved my wallet, showing my ID as I held my hands up preferring for this not to get violent. Chara did the same as I did the talking. "We're here to see the president of Gilayna. She knows who we are and this is a matter of maximum importance." We could have teleported directly to her, but bypassing the security in such a time of high tension was in bad taste, and would only lead to distrust. One of the non-military guards in a suit took our IDs and walked a short distance away reporting the situation to a superior, who presumably relayed the information to the head of security who hopefully would report to the president.

It took only a few seconds before the Agent returned with our cards, handing them back. "Lower your weapons, the two of you, come with me. Miss Sui will see you now." The soldiers were slightly hesitant to do so at first but soon did so when given an affirmative order from their commanding officer. 

We followed behind the guard into the hotel, Chara asking what I was also curious about. "You're not going to ask for our weapons?" As we entered the lobby I got a good look around, I for years dreamed of coming here, and even in the serious circumstance it was still a little exhilarating. Every diplomat and ambassador of significance has stayed here before, and I just hoped one day I could be added to that list.

The man answered us simply and understandably. "I was there during the invasion, I got to see first hand what magic is capable of. If you attacked us with your weapons I'd consider it mercy." During the invasion I had seen little of the fighting, but the angels made national news with their tactics and I got to see the aftermath of their attacks. For anyone to witness would be horrifying for them.

I was sure to express my sympathy for what he had to have seen back then during the fighting. "I'm sorry you had to see this power used in such a way, a luckily effective and unfortunately brutal fighting method by all means. It's a sight I don't wish on anyone." Getting a look at him he seemed to be probably around mid thirties, with clear scars covering the right side of his face.

He smiled slightly as I said this, reaching the elevator which he hit a button to call. "Don't worry about me Ms. Dreemurr, these eyes were tainted long ago. Seeing that was just another day in the life." His smile was genuine, yet I could tell he wasn't lying. He really had seen it all.