The silver bullet to the problem/ New strain

Booster's POV

Sitting by myself at my house I looked over the city in the distance from the second floor balcony. My feet kicked up on the barrier as I felt the wind blowing through my hair, just watching the heavy thunderstorm as it passed over us. It was late at night nearly two in the morning, the only person in the household still awake beside me was the constantly on call security team. The cigar between my fingers and the drink on my side being what kept me company this late while everyone else slept, I choosing to just enjoy my life for what it was.

I had been whistling quietly to a tune I had gotten stuck in my head over the head when I felt a vibration in my pocket. There was no reason for me to check what it was as I could already see it, all the way down the long driveway stood a person standing in the rain. The only light being from the street lights and the faint lights illuminating the sides of the driveway. I elected to not bother waking Dispatch unless it was necessary, taking another drink and placing the cigar in my mouth I reached through the door and grabbed a rifle which I always had nearby, and watched waiting for them as they walked up the driveway.

I took aim at the unidentified person as they approached, once they were within fifty feet of the house the motion activated flood lights activated as I flicked the laser sight on placing it on their chest. "You've got one chance to explain yourself, or you'd better start walking the other way." She took a few more steps, moving the wet matted hair out of her face, that was all the explanation I needed. Lowering my weapon slightly I asked only a question she'd know. I was sure to shout so she could hear me clearly. "Why does Daisy Love pickup truck crossovers?"

I could see her squint a little hearing this but hesitantly responded. "She doesn't, she just drove yours because her car was in the shop." Lowering my weapon I waved her in allowing her to get out of the rain finally. With that I slung the rifle around my back and picked up my drink again walking outside to meet the Major at the front door. Luckily like all charas Dispatch was a very heavy sleeper, not having been awoken by the yelling making this much easier.

Within a few minutes I made it to the front door, opening it. I didn't even need to say anything before she made clear what we need. "We have a problem and you're the only person we know that can help." I just stepped out of the way of the door allowing her inside of the house as I walked to the kitchen to talk.

"Well if you need something blown up I suggest going to President Dubar he has a certain affinity-" I was interrupted by her, rudely but I understood why when I heard what she had to say.

"There's something that's trapped Frisk, Sans, and another in a cabin. It's been mimicking Raguel's voice and trying to look like him. We know you have experience with these things, this is a matter of life and death." I set my drink down and rubbed my face with my hands as I tried to wake and sober myself up.

"Yeah Yeah it always is with these things, worry not though this is one of the main things we got prepared for. I'll just have to call the team and they'll be right over. What else do we need other than people, weapons will keep a distance between us but won't kill. I'm assuming she has at least some decent armament right?" It seemed to make sense to me that the general of an interuniversal military group would keep some kind of weapon with them just in case, but I was quickly informed otherwise.

"They have a few hunting rifles in the cabin and a shotgun, but other than that they'll be working on a limited magic capacity..." I facepalmed hard enough that it might have been heard all the way in another universe which caused her to quickly add a piece which somehow made it both better and worse. "We have a machine gun but it is in the truck, which we can't get to because it's outside." Smart enough to bring a machine gun but not enough to have it nearby, fantastic.