An Old Friend

-Jason's POV-

I walked through the frozen forest by myself, knowing better than to speak with Frisk here, because although I couldn't see them I knew I was being stalked. I scanned the tree line as I went but the most I could catch was a flash of light or the sight of a flicker of orange disappearing around a tree and never reemerging. As I saw the gate come into view I heard Frisk to me from behind. "He's going to approach when you reach that" He said pointing up to it, I just nodded already knowing that it was going to happen.

"I'm not going to play dumb with him." I said to him as I walked, putting my hands into my pockets.

"What? Why? Why not him but pretend in front of Dad?" He asked back, not really mad but more confused.

"Well if he's like my sans then he'll be able to figure out pretty easily that I'm not normal. Plus he'll be smart enough to be able to help me out in a meaningful way. I might be smarter than ever but I'm sure not stronger than ever." This caused him to get in front of me with wide eyes.

"You mean to tell me this isn't strongest?"

"Not even close." I said confidently, him staying out of my way as I neared the bridge.

"What did you look back then if you're able to do this now?" 

"If I make it to the lab you'll be able to see how powerful I was." As I made it to the bridge, as expected I heard the footsteps behind me, before he could say anything though I turned around to face him. A tall man in an orange hoody with his head covered was slowly approaching me, and I could distinctly smell something familiar. I decided to be the one to engage first. "I'd say smoking is bad for your lungs but well... you know." This comment made him pause momentarily.

There was a few seconds of quiet before I heard him snicker. "Heh, good one kid. First time I've heard that." He held out a skeletal hand to me. "I'm papyrus, nice to meet'cha" I slowly reached up my hand to his like I was going to shake it before quickly grabbing it from the back and flipping it over showing the shocker.

"Nice try, but I've fallen for that one one too many times to forget." I smiled slightly as I said this causing him to look up to me finally showing his face. He held the lit cigarette in his mouth still yet his eye had turned an orange glow.

I could tell he already figured out one of two things, either this wasn't my first time here, or I had just done something horrible, though he still did not drop the unserious tone. "Good catch kid, now what's your game? If you're going to do something unexpected anyway why not just play along?" 

"No game, well not really. I just knew you'd catch me anyway, so why waste my time like I do for everyone else?" I said and he just shrugged.

"Well it kinda takes the mystery out of it doesn't it? But hey, it's your life. Not like it's too much my job to care, but what is it that you're playing at here?" I thought about it for a few seconds before letting go of his hands and putting mine back into my pockets.

"Well don't want to give away all my secrets do I? I got a job to do, and so do you Mr. Sentry, better try and stop me."  I said with a cheeky smile seeing him roll his eyes at this.

As I began walking away I heard him mumble to himself before disappearing. "And I thought I'd be lucky enough to get a day off." Shortly before I heard the sound of him disappearing again and I continued on down the frozen trail as he once again appeared in front of me inside the 'guard station' hotdog stand. As he did this I saw Sans quickly approaching but in a moment of genius I rushed and hid, behind a conveniently shaped... Lamp!