A time to be born, and a time to die

-Jason's POV-

Twenty universes, twenty stories, similar and different in their own unique ways. At last, I was given a moment in the world to myself, not yet having been pulled from this last world yet. I was able to watch as the sun began to set over the horizon at a secluded place of Ebott, a short distance from the exit where the monsters would be coming at any moment. Keeping distance still not wishing to disturb the timeline. I was accompanied by Pulveris, sitting in peace and silence as we both waited for our fates to call us onto our next adventures. However there was no panic, after all this world was one which was very far from peaceful. A battle was just another day for people like us. Which meant we could enjoy our last moments of peace and tranquility without worry.

Every version I trained was exponentially stronger than the previous, while each had a consistent fifteen compressed years worth of training, they were also granted the knowledge I possessed, and with each passing student the knowledge base continued growing more and more. I had been gone for very little time in reality, but have lived my lifetime more than ten times over. Over three hundred years lived just training for combat. There was very little rest in this, the founder no doubt knew what I was doing, and decided it not even necessary to provide me a place to sleep. The only rest I ever got was a few hours in the first night of the underground, and just a few minutes once a mission was complete. 

To my surprise however, this time, instead of fading from the world I stayed for much longer, after nearly an hour Pulveris stood from his place beside me and spoke. "I suppose it's my time to go, someone needs to make sure the survivors make it to shelter safely." I gave him a small nod, standing up as well.

"Be safe Jason, take care of them for me. Serve them well and they will do you the same." with this he disappeared. I left this place as well, displacing to the lake shore in an instant, walking in a place where there was nobody around. I felt the cool mist touching my face as I began walking through the sand and rock beach. It was now very dark, yet I could hardly tell. I just left my hands in my pockets as I took one step after another, not sure why I was still here, but knowing it was intentional. Who's intention I did not know however. 

It was nearly a mile before a light came into view ahead of me, an orange flickering light. A fire sitting attended by only one person. Giving a glance behind me I noticed that I could no longer see any signs of life other than the man before me. Looking deeper I noticed something about his soul I'd never once encountered, the color of it was something I could not comprehend, somehow a blend of every color, yet just as vibrant in every one of the facets. Despite the fact that there should be no way for him to perceive me, and giving no indication that he had, I knew from within my soul that he was here waiting for me. 

My levels numbered so high even I could not count, with millions if not billions of kills under my belt, yet the power radiating from the man was so incredibly powerful, it was like a breath alone could crush me in an instant. Yet, despite this, his presence was so incredibly welcoming, and warm. He was clearly not of this world, if that is, we were even still in the world. Outside of a hundred meters of him there was no more which was gone to me, it was all blacked out, still visible, yet imperceivable. Nearly unconsciously I reached up to my face, and removed my mask, my camouflage being removed with it, as it was clear it was useless now anyway. Sitting beside the man was a sheathed sword, which laid propped against the dried log he sat upon. He wore clothes which were clearly not of the modern day, nor century, nor even millennia. 

I approached without a word, not having a thing to say to the man. I stood across from him, the fire burning between us, and I dropped to my knees before him. I knew now, this was the one. Of all the so called gods I have met in the past, none have had the same hold on me as the one before me. With the others I'd been able to argue, even raise a hand against and defeat, but this man I could not even lift my head to look at him. I could see him stand, and by seeing his feet he walked to me. He knelt down in front of me and took me into his embrace, and as he did I could feel power beyond that of any levels, and love stronger than could ever be felt. "Welcome home my son." As he spoke every other sound was shut out, and after he spoke I felt lighter than I ever had, opening my eyes I sat by myself on the beach, and everything had returned to the way the world had been.