Not Innocent, nor weak

-Jason's POV-

I decided it would be smartest to not try to sleep while surrounded by violent monsters, even with Flowey by my side I wasn't sure about it. I could tell he was easily scared and if intimidated he might not wake me. Instead I went into a meditative state, sitting on the bad with my legs crossed as I always did when preparing second stage. Though this time I wasn't specifically preparing, it was just a side effect of my resting while awake.

I could start to smell something cooked, while it smelled faintly like a pie, though my nose was better. I could tell there was a faint scent of a bitter almond. I spoke quietly as I knew already what it was. "Mom is going to try to poison me." 

"Great observation genius, how'd you figure that out?" Said Flowey who sounded more tired than normal, making me look over at them as they were leaning their head against the bed frame.

"I can smell the poison."

"Of course you can." 

"Are you okay Flowey?" I could see him try to pick himself up off the bed, slowly but I could tell he was struggling a lot. 

"I don't know... it's so weird, I just feel so... tired..." Moving quickly over to him I lifted his head up but I could see he was on the verge of being unconscious. Closing one eye I could see that Toriel was no longer in the house, instead having went towards Snowdin, being in the cavern that was at the end of the basement tunnel. Looking back down at Flowey I could see small welts starting to form on his vines and leaves as they began shriveling slowly. 

She wasn't poisoning a pie, she was poisoning the air and using the pie to distract us. The only reason I didn't notice sooner was because for some reason it wasn't effecting me. Thinking quickly I picked up the nearly gone flower, untangling his vines from the bed fame and quickly running out of the room. Once outside I could see the thin veil of cloudiness that engulfed the house, just barely noticeable but visible to a keen eye. 

My suspicions having been confirmed I ran quickly out to the front door, bringing Flowey out of the house as soon as possible for him to breathe some non-poisonous air. I got out onto the dirt and went down to my knees, using my hands to dig a hole in the ground to put Flowey into. He'd heal on his own but it'd be faster if he didn't have to struggle to get back into his natural environment. If he'd been in the ground before, the poison wouldn't have affected him nearly as much, I knew he'd be okay but seeing him like this was... just appalling. Though... now that he was out of the equation maybe I should go confront Toriel, there was much less chance of collateral if it was just me and her. 

Double checking that there was nobody around to bother Flowey while he was healing I stood back up, walking back into the home filled with toxic gas. I didn't go right downstairs though, first I through the living room and into the kitchen. I noticed the pie sitting on the counter already done, sitting next to it was the thing I was looking for. I picked up the large Chef's knife from the counter, running my finger against the blade just to make sure it was sharp before turning away from the table to go back out and confront Toriel. Instead of continuing to defend from fireballs with my hand I'd have a weapon instead to use against them. 

Weapon in hand I began walking towards where my opponent waited for me unsuspectingly, while I did this I spoke out loud hoping to summon Chara back to assist me in this. "You still around? Can you hear me?" I walked down the stairs where I found Chara standing against a wall seemingly begrudgingly deciding to interact with me again.