The man who may never rest

I opened my eyes again, peering up at the light still shining in above me, my body was sore but for some reason I didn't feel tired at all. In fact I felt more well rested than I had in years, like a great burden was taken off of me, I felt almost weightless too. The headache I had wore off soon after I'd fully woken up. I didn't move for a few minutes. just letting the warm light heal my soul as I laid comfortably in a bed of flowers, I didn't need to look around to tell where I was. This place was so well engrained to me, how could I ever forget?

In contrast to anywhere else I'd ever been it was so peaceful here, I'd just seen the end of my life yet I was at ease here. A seven against one all odds fight, then face to face with a deity who tried to end me, and within less than a minute I was here. The only sound around was faint birds chirping from the surface. Was this heaven? Real heaven? If so I don't see why I couldn't just lay here for a bit. I closed my eyes and sighed softly, getting comfortable once more where I was. Despite everything I had to worry about at home for some reason this place just wouldn't let me be stressed. If they had come just for me then everyone else should be just fine without me. Frisk and Chara still had each other, my parents had Helix, Dubar and Frisk could take care of the guard for me, Una would likely protect Chara with my absence, they all had something taking care of each other. They were ready for me to go this time, all was finished before I left.

'Maybe I'll just get some sleep here for a little bit...' Just as I eased in to rest, getting perfectly comfortable I heard a noise beside me in the flowers causing me to open my eyes once more. 'course not.' I sighed and sat up, looking to my left where I heard the noise from. 

When I glanced over I saw something quite peculiar, a little girl in a blue and pink no older than ten years of age. She seemed to shy away a little but wanted to check on me at the same time. I saw how scared she was and immediately wanted to help. "I-It's okay, you don't have to be scared. I won't hurt you." My voice seemed to frighten her slightly at first, the volume and depth of it being quite surprising. It did not take me any time at all to recognize who this was, even if I didn't didn't know her back then I still remembered entering her memories in the void, and seeing that innocent face. "I'm Jason, what's your name?" I held out a hand to her. Hesitant and shyly she put her hand in mine.

In a soft and quiet voice she responded to the question. "I-I'm Frisk..." I put on a small smile hearing this, continuing to hold her hand beneath the warm light.

"Frisk huh? I like that name." I pushed myself up onto my knees, looking down at the smaller girl. "Say, Frisk. Would you like to come with me? I'm going to head on through there. Don't worry, I'll make sure you're safe." I one more gave a reassuring smile which seemed to comfort her enough to give me a small nod. I let go of her hand and stood up, seeing I was still wearing my uniform that I had been when I died, the ambassador Uniform. At least I looked professional. For some reason I felt off, comfortable, but off. Like there was something I was missing in all this. I began walking and after a second looked back to see her still sitting in the flowers. I held a hand out once more to her, speaking softer this time. "Would you like me to walk with you?"

She once again nodded, slowly pushing herself up from the ground and coming to meet me, taking my hand and allowing me to finally walk again, albeit a bit slower than if I was on my own. I didn't mind though, it still felt nice just being here in the moment. For some reason though it seemed like I still had this task at hand, to get Frisk to safety, if there was such a thing.

We entered the room and I was immediately put off by the strangeness of the room, completely empty with a circle of grass in the middle. Not knowing what to expect I kept my guard high but tried to not panic Frisk, taking another step forward I saw rumbling beneath the ground and from the dirt popped a yellow flower with a face. All these years, the thing that brought me into this mess was what I was faced with once more. I knew it was him who broke that rock beneath my foot, even if he didn't know I knew. Still though I put on an ignorant face. "Howdy! I'm Flowey. Flowey the flower!" He seemed to completely ignore my presence, only seeming to notice Frisk despite me being right beside her. "You're new to the underground aren't you? Golly you must be confused! Someone oughta teach you how things work around here... Guess little ole me will have to do." When he said this I really prepared for an attack, keeping one hand on Frisk's hand keeping her held tight to me while the other stayed at my side as if ready to draw a weapon that wasn't there.