Rite of Passage

-Your POV-

The first person I was going to get into contact with was Zak, obviously he was one of the few I had actually talked to. Him, Nicholas, and that knight who I never got the name of. I was bringing Helix along with me, since she had nowhere to go she was coming to recruit with me. My parents had already left going off on their own to do what they needed. I walked through the white light with Helix, and we appeared on a wide plane, golden grasslands going as far as the eye could see. "Well this place is quite... flat." Me and helix began looking around for where Zak might be. We eventually found a cabin on the plain, much simpler of a home than mine. Just as we saw it we heard 9 rounds firing in quick succession, clearly showing us where Zak was. 

We began making our way over to him, keeping one hand on my revolver. I had gotten dressed in a more professional clothing, as people would be less inclined to listen to someone wearing Jeans and just a plain T-shirt. I was wearing something similar to what I had been when I was on earth except wearing a pair of green combat pants. When we rounded the corner we heard another barrage of shots, seeing Zak firing a repeater rifle into a target put on a tree. He fired the full magazine before looking behind us, finally noticing us standing there. 

He lowered his rifle and turned around to us, reaching up and pulling cotton balls from his ears, a makeshift hearing protection. "Good mornin Jason, for what do I owe the pleasure?" He began reloading the rifle from the ammunition in his pocket.

I stepped a little closer, moving into the shade. The sun here was deadly and there was barely anywhere to hide from it. "I'm here for a proposition, an offer." Once he finished reloading he came into the shade as well, sitting down on a chair facing over the field.

"You've got my attention." 

"When I was on trial I was told that I would return to the living world one day, I expect you were told something similar?" He paused thinking back, obviously he'd been here a lot longer than I had but he nodded. "Well that's what this is about, I'm going to start raising an army again. For when that day comes we've got the numbers to do whatever we need to get done. To do that I want the help of all the fellow Justice Archangels. Together we can bring in hundreds of thousands if not millions of soldiers under one united front. I'm coming to you first since you're one of the maybe three people here I've talked to." While he was listening to me he removed his hat, setting it on his knee as he watched over the vast expanse in front of us. 

He thought for a few minutes about what I was saying. "You really think you can unite the biggest collection of block headed folk to have ever been seen?" he laughed a little bit at what he said. "You're certainly more ambitious than I am, I know that for sure."

"What, don't think I can do it?"  

"No I think it's possible, it's just gonna take something incredible to get them on your side. First you're gonna need to do something to make them all pay attention to you, then you're going to have to somehow prove that you're good enough for them to listen to. And when you're in a room full of war heroes and decorated people it's gonna have to be something big-" Just then we both heard helix laughing behind me, causing both of us to look back to her.

"Oh my god you idiots, it's so simple. It's a bunch of people prideful about their combat achievements. It's obvious isn't it? Just say that you could beat any of them, and you got all of their attention. Just fight the strongest person there and there's where you get the respect. That's pretty much how leaders were decided on my world, whoever was the most powerful."