Of Anger

-Jason's POV-

For how I've been on this journey already, thirty minutes felt like no time at all. While only being twenty two years old physically, with an actual age of twenty three, taking time dilation into account I'd lived a full fifty three years. In comparison to what had been done just the day prior. A short wait was a welcomed relaxation. In some time Frisk did return to the lab, not in line of a mission however, but simply to check on us. It was odd in a way, of three worlds so far this was the only one where Frisk was no longer a child, a kid still sure, but lacking the same innocence as the other worlds. I suppose if it were any other way she'd had never made it this far on her own, I guess she never was on her own though.

When she arrived I was separated from Alphys, leaving it so that it was just the two of us alone in the lab... as alone as can be given both of our situations. I had been standing idly against a wall, out of the way of any work that needed to be done in the meantime, of course I'd been seen her approaching, but I hadn't expected her to come here in search of me. I believed we'd been quite clear on what was expected her, however I can't blame her for having questions, I wouldn't expect for anyone to be able to follow orders without any kind of objection. I was alerted to her attention on me as her soul wandered closer to me than Alphys, until finally reaching a stop just a few feet away. "You're Jason... right?" I slowly opened my eyes to look up at the young lady before me, eyeing her curiously for a few seconds before giving a small nod. This was the first time we were able to interact in reality, even in the illusion world we never said a word to each other, certainly no introductions "I have some questions for you... if it's not too much of a bother of course." 

"It's no issue Frisk, but I may not be able to answer everything. Not everything is to be known of course." She nodded understandingly to my stipulation.

"I understand... I suppose the biggest question I have is...well... If you're not lying, and you truly are from another world then why do you care what happens here? Like, even the people in this world don't even seem to care about it. Why do you?" 

There was more reasons than I could ever tell her, more answers than information she was allowed to know most of all. However, knowing about me, a man which did not exist could not hurt. "I care... because once upon a time I didn't. It's because in the times that I didn't care, I caused irreparable damage that is still felt in many worlds to this day. Blessed with all the power I possess what I did has brought a debt I will never be able to repay, but still have to live the rest of my life trying to do so. Even now, if I did as little as simply being absently by it would bring great tragedy to this world, doing more damage than I could ever imagine. It is because of my existence here that has changed world events that without me you would never be able to survive the underground. In the absence of my interjection when you walk into the judgement hall you will be killed by sans without hesitation, I cannot tell you what makes you so important if you do not already know, but without you doing your part in this world there is very little good in the coming future. Without the good you do, because of my actions...I care because I'm the only one who's able to." She seemed to understand what I was saying, immediately following up with another question.

"Is it true what you said earlier? About having to fight some... god of gods? If Mettaton was able to put up so much fight how will you fight a much stronger opponent? Even when fighting me, it never really seemed... overly difficult..." I stayed watching her for a moment after she'd said this, waiting for the realization to come to her, and soon it did. "Oh... you were going easy on me weren't you?" I shook my head as she said this.

"No, I wasn't just going easy on you, fighting you was a light warm up, and Mettaton was no harder an opponent. I do not bring a serious fight to anyone if I can help it, I don't want to hurt anybody without good reason. Even if that pain is just an illusion placed on you." My saying this caused her to crack a small smile, shaking her head with a soft chuckle.