Cheerfully

My mind seemed to stop working for a second as I stared up at the man holding my food.

"Ma'am?"

That voice.

I step back quickly and slam my door shut, my food no longer on my mind as I flick the deadbolt to the right, locking my door. I then grab the small chain that worked as an extra precaution and slide it into the metal piece on the door, the whole time my hands were shaking.

I take a step back as my heart felt like it was about to jump from my chest.

Why is he here?

"You forgot your food."

"Holy fu-" I spin around and feel my heart jump to my throat as I see the same man standing a few feet away, my bag of food held up as he smiled. "I'm seeing things, I have to be."

No way could he be in here, no way was there a man in my house when I had just shut and locked the door as quick as humanly possible.

"I mean, you're seeing me, but I'm not a thing. I'm a person."

I take a step back and feel myself panic farther as I remember my door was locked, my only exit route was gone.

"How," I point to the door behind me and then back to him. "did you get in here?"

"It was simple, really." His smile twisted a little after he spoke, those words were the same ones he said the night I was killed.

"Get out." My eyes flick from side to side for a second as I look for something to use as a weapon, the only thing that was within arms length was my umbrella. I snatch it up and point the tip at him. "Get out!"

"Why so rude? I'm just trying to deliver your food." The dark haired man raised a brow while shifting his weight to one foot.

"Set it on the ground and go." I asked myself what I did in my life or past life to make this all be happening right now? I just wanted some damn food because I was feeling stressed, why couldn't I have such a simple pleasure?

I pull the umbrella back as if it was a baseball bat as he bent down and placed the food by his left foot.

"Thanks, now leave." I had no idea why I said the first part, my stupid brain was lagging at the moment and thoughts were getting jumbled together.

"Don't you want to know why you're blacking out?" He asked as he stood straight once more, adjusting his hat a little as he looked up from the food to me.

"Not from you, you murdered people."

"Who murdered you." He pointed out.

Yes, they had murdered me, but that didn't ease my mind. He had still killed those people and felt nothing about it.

"I'm alive now, I'll get by on my own. Leave." I adjust my grip on the umbrella as he reached for his back pocket.

He pulled out a phone and then pressed a few buttons before he turned the screen to face me. "You see this? That's you beating the shit out of a man."

My eyes widen as I watch my past self punch a man over and over again. Now I knew the reason to why my knuckles had been messed up.

"You don't remember doing that, do you?"

My eyes leave the now black screen to meet his gaze, if I wasn't mistaken it seemed as if there was a hint of humor dancing around in his dark brown eyes.

"What's wrong with me?" I felt the back of my throat burn as tears welled up in my eyes. Now was not a time to get emotional.

Thankfully he didn't seem to notice as he put his phone back in his pocket and then started to pick at his nails. "Come with me, I have people that can explain what's happening to you."