Store

I roll my eyes as I pass Yeojun in the hallway.

It had been a few days since the last time we spoke when I was putting my nose in his business. A few days since he told me he cared. He really wasn't acting like he did care, not that it bothered me, because it didn't. I just wished he would pick a side and stick to it. I was getting whiplash from how fast he changed his moods.

One minute he was holding me, the next he wouldn't even look at me.

Basterd.

Why was I feeling so upset by him? There was no reason to get upset if I really didn't care.

I shake my head, getting rid of any thoughts of the fallen angel out my mind. He had no place in my already thought filled head. I should have known he was going to act like this as soon as something made him upset.

I did want to know what he was so upset about the other day, it was something to do with how Soren acted around me... I just figured he was a weird dude, or maybe it was something to do with him being half demon.

I brush it off, I needed to focus on what I was doing before I passed the asshole.

I was dead set on going out to get some fresh air. I needed time to myself.

I had cleared it with Soobin for me to run to the store and get a few things we needed for dinner.

"Where are you going?"

God help me. "To the store." I answer Soren as I slip my shoes on.

"I'll join you."

"No! I want to go alone. I want time to breathe without someone watching over me." I snap a little harshly. I didn't even feel bad about how bitchy I came off as. I really did need time alone, outside of this building.

Soren said nothing as I stood up straight. I give him a once over, hoping he saw how serious I was. If I found one of them following me, I may flip. I was growing restless, on edge for some reason.

"I'll be back in like an hour, I can manage on my own." I then slip out the door, shoving the money Soobin gave me into my pocket.

I take in a deep breath as I open the main door to the dorm building, the air just felt so good in my lungs. My mind felt a bit better the further away I got from the place I have been calling home for a while now. It felt like years since I came here, it wasn't even a year yet in reality.

I kept glancing over my shoulder, just waiting to see someone I knew following after me. It was only when I was a block away from the store, that I let myself calm down.

I open the door to the store, hearing a ding and the voice of the cashier as I entered. I offer the worker a small smile, my eyes scanning for the things I needed.

~~

"What's going on with you?" Soobin asked Yeonjun as he stopped him from leaving the dorm.

"Nothing is wrong with me." He replied as he pulled away from their leader. "What's wrong with you, letting her go out on her own. Do you not recall every time she has been outside the dorm? Something has always happened to her."

"Why are you so concerned about her? I think she can manage going to the store, she needs a break from all of us." Soobin knew the girl had to be going crazy from all the chaos that had been going on lately, Yeonjun being one of the main causes of it.

"I'm only worried about her dying because of Rerek."

Soobin crossed his arms as he eyed his friend. "Fine, I'll go after her then."

"How do I know you're not lying? You're the one that let her go."

"Yeonjun, you're being ridiculous. What is really going on here?" Soobin knew there was something more than the fact that if Evelyn died Rerek would be free. If that was really the reason for Yeonjun's concern, then he would have asked one of us to go after her from the start.

"He's marked by her." Soren popped up beside Soobin, sending Yeonjun a wink.

Soobin choked on his own spit as he heard what Soren said. "What?" His eyes went from a very pissed looking Yeonjun to a smug Soren. "When did this happen?"

"When she came back to life." Soren replied.

"Yeonjun, why haven't you said anything?"

"Because it doesn't matter." Yeonjun snapped as he pulled the door open.

Slamming it shut behind him. Now he was going to give that half demon more the a snapped neck.