Helpful

I jolt awake, my breathing hard and fast as my eyes focus in the darkness of my room.

A dream?

It felt so real when Rerek had lunged at my throat, right before I snapped out of it.

"You're awake? Good, maybe I can get some sleep. You're quite loud in your sleep."

I sit up, biting back a scream as I see the outline of Yeonjun by my door. "Jesus, why the hell must you scare the fuck out of me?"

"Why must you say my name in your sleep?"

I was so glad it was dark in my room as I felt a rush of heat come over my face. "Just so you know, it was a nightmare."

"Either way, you were thinking about me." Now that my eyes were adjusted to the dark, I could see his lips were pulled up into a cocky smirk. He pushed off the wall and walked over until he was about a foot away. "The way you said it, it didn't sound like I was the one you were scared of."

"Well," I clear my throat as I look away. "It wasn't exactly you... you turned into Rerek."

He stood up straight, his smirk falling. My heart went to my throat as I saw how serious he looked, I guess it wasn't a normal thing.

"Explain to me what happened." He demanded as he all but pushed me out of his way so he could sit on the edge of my bed.

I grumble in protest as I settle down as far as him as I could without falling off my small bed. I take a deep breath to calm my heart before explaining the 'dream' I had. I watched his face as I got to the part where I was chasing after him with a pillow. His face remained blank and unchanging. I didn't know if I was disappointed or not by that fact.

"Sounds like it could have just been a nightmare..." He trailed off in thought, then he turned to face me.

I lean back quickly as he reaches out to cup my face, his fingers just brushing my cheeks from my motion.

"i'm just going to see if there are any traces of Rerek in your dream."

"You can do that?" My brows pull down as I stare at him.

"Yes, I can pick up traces of a demon's influence on a thought, or a dream."

"Oh." Is all I say as I get back in my original spot, relaxing my shoulders a little. I let my eyes close as his hands on each side of my face. My heart rate picked up for some strange reason, maybe I was worried it really wasn't a dream brought on by my own thoughts. That's what it was...

I felt something strange after a few moments of silence. It was like a little tug somewhere off in the back of my mind, I didn't know if it was from Yeonjun, or Rerek trying to keep him out. I focus on keeping the same walls up I haven since I learned to block the demon out.

"Relax your mind, I won't let him out." I felt Yeonjun's breath fan over me face, causing something to now stir in my stomach.

I slowly let the mental wall down. A bit of worry bubbled up as I braced for Rerek to just jump out of nowhere, like he had done in my dream.

As soon as I let the mental wall down fully, I felt myself slump. My body was limp but, I was still awake and aware, I just couldn't move my body. I stayed that way for what felt like a long time, my body only being held up by Yeonjun's hands on my face. To think about it, my cheeks were probably squashed, making my face look funny.

Then slowly I felt my control over my body coming back. Right before Yeonjun opened his eyes, mine opened.

"Well?" I ask as his eyes focus on mine.

"I didn't feel anything, it was just your own mind doing that to you."

"Oh." Came another amazing reply of mine. I try and pull back but, Yeonjun held me in my place.

"Nice dream you had, by the way." And there was his infamous cocky smirk.

"Yeah..?" I didn't know what to say, my back starting to get stiff in my slightly hunched over state. "Can you... let me go?"

My question only made him lean closer. A part of me was wondering if I was still stuck in my dreams, this was odd and out of place. He would usually do anything he could to not touch me it seemed. Now, now he wasn't letting me go. Was he still in my mind?

That's what I told myself though, I knew it was a lie.

"Am I making you nervous?" His voice was low as he asked, his lips pulling up to show a peek at his bright white teeth.

"No." I snap out. That, was also a lie. My hearts speed was slightly faster then normal, my face felt hot. Both things only getting worse every time he spoke and his breath brushed over my face, letting me know how close we really were.

"You're lying." He chuckled as he pulled away, making his way to his feet. "Just try not to dream about me to much." He shot over his shoulder as he walked out of my room, leaving the door wide open after him.

"Dick." I mumble as I head for the door.

"Heard that!" He called from somewhere down the hall.

"Good!" I say probably a little too loud as I shut my door firmly. I stand there for a moment, gathering my thoughts as I take a deep breath. The only good thing from him coming in here, I knew my dream, was just that, a dream. Everything else... didn't seem helpful.