Eggs

I had ignored Yeonjun completely the night before, I wasn't about to admit to him he was a friend of mine as well.

To my luck, I had convinced them all to let me sleep alone, though Yeonjun was lied to. I had asked the others to tell him that Beomgyu was going to help me. A part of me knew that if he knew the truth, he would make me deal with him for another night. One morning waking up cuddled with him was enough for me.

I stayed in bed that morning, laying there staring at the ceiling, my legs killing me. I hardly got any sleep, but I could deal with it. The others didn't need to lose any sleep over me, they had jobs to do.

I had no idea why Yeonjun out of all of them seemed so worried, and I don't understand why I asked the others to lie to him on my behalf. Why not tell him the truth and make him leave me alone? I was a grown woman, why was I worried about him knowing?

I think I was more scared of the fact I was enjoying his company.

I bite my lip harshly as I force myself to get up out of bed, I needed to get out of bed and get away from my thoughts. Thoughts were useless anyways, especially these.

I lean against the wall as I make it out of my room, I wondered if they were all gone today, it was quiet.

I breathe heavily before I push myself off the wall, I couldn't just stay there all day. I wanted food, my stomach was aching.

I almost cuss out in relief as I make it to the kitchen table, sitting down roughly. My legs were screaming at me for putting them through this.

One would have never thought that making some eggs was such a hard task. I leaned on the counter by the stove as my eggs started to become solid.

"Why are you being so lo-"

"Holy shit!" I almost throw the spatula I was holding at Yeonjun who had popped up in the kitchen with no warning. "When did you get here?"

"I've been here all morning, I'm off." He replied with a roll of his eyes. "Now, why are you being so loud?"

"I'm cooking me some food, gotta eat to live, you know?" I wave the spatula in my hand toward my eggs before I stir them.

"Looks to me as if you're destroying the kitchen. Move over." He tried taking the spatula away from me.

"No, I got it." I snap at him as I move my hand away from him. "I don't need you all to do everything for me, I'm not helpless."

"Nobody said you were, accepting help doesn't mean you're helpless." He once again tried to take the spatula from me.

"Stop acting like you care about helping me, you're probably only doing it because the others are making you." Even though I said it, I knew it was probably a lie. No one would force him to do something he didn't want to do. I just wanted it to be true, I didn't want him to actually care about me, I didn't want any of them to really care about me, I would die soon enough.

He grabbed my shoulder, turning me so I was facing him. The counter was digging into my back as I tried to lean back away from him. "You really think I would be doing this if they were making me?"

"Then why are you doing it?" I wanted to know what had changed to make him want to help me now before he acted as if my death would bring him joy. Now, if I mention giving up, he got mad? It made no sense to me.

He scoffed as he stepped away. "Do it alone then." He snapped out before he turned and left.

"Asshole." I grumble as I turn to stir my eggs before they could burn anymore.

Hours later and I had finally cleaned my mess up. I was dragging my feet on my way to the living room. I stop as I see the back of Yeonjun's head.

Do I even have to right to ask him to help? Just for a minute...? My feet were killing me, my thoughts were clouded as it took everything in me to stay standing.

I swallow thickly as I make it around the couch, sitting a little distance from him, I open my mouth to apologize and ask for help, only to snap it shut as he rested his hand on my knee without even looking at me.

"I'm sorry." I say as I lean back into the couch, I hated myself so much in that moment. I had come to him for help when I was trying so hard to convince them all, I didn't need it.

"Swallow your pride and just accept you need help. You're in pain, no one will think you're weak for seeking comfort."

The thing was, I am weak. I knew I was.

"I just don't understand why you're willing to help me..."

"Just accept it and don't overthink it."

"Fine." I breathed out as I curl my legs up under me, turning so I was facing him so I could relax and close my eyes. My cooking adventure wore me out after hardly sleeping the night before.

I snap my eyes open as I feel something soft on me, Yeonjun had taken the blanket from the end of the couch and placed it on me.

"Thank you." I mumble as I pull it over me better.

He said nothing as he kept his eyes on his phone.

I kept my eyes on him as he sat there scrolling through his phone, why was he being nice? Was it because I was dying? Maybe that was it, he knew I wouldn't be here much longer so he would just be kind until I was gone? Did he feel sympathy for me?

"Would you like a picture?" He asked as he turned to look at me, catching me in my dazed staring state.

I blink a few times as I look away, my face feeling hot. "No." I grumble out before pulling the blanket over my head.

His laughing made me glad I had covered my face, it was an easy way to hide the smile that tugged at my lips.

I force my lips back down as I realize I was smiling at him laughing.

The question now was, what was wrong with me? Why was I starting to feel comfortable around him? He had been nothing but a dick to me for the longest time, and now he shows me kindness, and I'm falling for it? I'm letting myself forget he had done nothing but caused me to struggle since I got here.

Or did he really help you? He had said so himself that he was doing it to help me... has it helped me? I did have a good handle on the demon powers in me, getting pissed and wanting to show him I could do what he didn't expect me to do, had helped me focus better...

Shut up. I snap at my own mind. He may have helped, but he didn't have to go the route he did.

~*~

Yeonjun looked up as the blanket fell from her face. She was sound asleep.

He knew Beomgyu didn't help her last night, he knew it as soon as Beomgyu had told him he was going to help her get some sleep. His friend was easy to read.

Even though he knew what was going on, he didn't bother the girl. She had questions he couldn't answer just yet. He knew the answer as to why he was helping her now, he just couldn't tell her yet...

There was a time and place for everything, and this wasn't it.

Yeonjun sighed heavily as he scooted closer to her, if she planned on giving up, why not be kind to her? He had done nothing but caused her hardship since she showed up.

He would just have to hide it all a little longer since she was planning on dying. If she's dying, there was no reason in revealing the truth behind all of his actions to anyone. Not even his friend needed to know.

And if she decided to live...?

That answer would have to wait for later.

~~

Reveal what truth Yeonjun? Why have you been a dick this whole time?????

I know why, but you don't ;p

Idk why but I just felt happy writing the end of this part, sorry.