Family

A week and so far nothing seems to have changed other then I saw Yeonjun less, or I was just getting really good at ignoring him that I didn't notice if he was around. I still didn't have anyone new to train me mentally the way Soren was trying to do, but I did have physical l training with Taehyun every two days. The training with him was going well, though I was no where near a decent fighter yet, I could at least defend myself a little.

Today I was left alone in the dorm since they all had things to do today related to their soul collector job. Something I still wanted to ask more details about, but was still a bit too scared to do so.

With nothing to do I had just cleaned up my lunch mess and headed for the living room to maybe watch something on tv. Flipping through the channels until I heard my phone start to ring again, the calls and text had started to slow as the days went on, but my mom still tried calling once a day. I wasn't worried about anyone tracking my phone because Taehyun had admitted to putting a cloaking spell on it, imagine my shock when I learned he was able to preform spells, he didn't tell me exactly what he was, just that he could use magic to an extent.

It made me wonder why they wouldn't tell me what they were, I knew I was a stranger to them, but it would be nice to know who I was around, maybe then I wouldn't feel so out of place all the time.

My mind comes back to the real world when I heard my name come from the tv's speakers. It was the news, the same two anchors I watched every night before bed so I could see what the weather would be like the next day. There was my face showing on the screen next to them, it was a picture my mom had taken when we went on a trip last summer to a lake house, my smile was bright, I had no burdens then, no idea what the future held for me.

"This is a picture of Evelyn Wilson, age 21, she has been missing for six days now, the last time she was spotted was walking in and out of her apartment with two men that none of her friends or family recognize. The police have spoke with a few of her neighbors who say they have also never seen her with those men before, one also said he saw her leaving with a suitcase. Her mother is at a press conference right now speaking out to the public, asking for any information that may help in the search for Evelyn."

The screen then cuts to a clip of my mom crying while holding the same picture that the news anchors showed. I stand from the couch and take a few steps towards the tv as I listen to her beg for someone to find me. Right behind her was my step dad, my biological father, and my two younger sisters. My sisters wouldn't look at the cameras but I could see the red streaks on their cheeks from tears, my father was standing next to them with his hands folded in front of him while he stared at the back of my mom's head, my step father was resting a hand on my moms should trying to comfort the crying woman.

"Please, I just want to know she's safe, just a sign she's alive... if you took her wanting money name your price, if-if you took her for a terrible reason."

She couldn't finish talking as she broke down into my step dad's arms, no one says anything until the sheriff steps up to the stand and starts talking.

"What?" I turn around after the tv screen suddenly went black.

"You really think you should be watching that?" Yeonjun said as he threw the remote back on the couch where I had left it.

"I can watch the news." I snap, not in the mood for his shit.

"Really? You're crying." He deadpanned while pointing a finger to my face.

I didn't know I had started crying, but I didn't care, I was just mad he had seen it. I swipe at my cheeks angrily.

"Whatever." I turn and head for my room, I didn't want to stay in his presence any longer.