Cooties

I felt sick, so sick I was afraid I was going to lose my lunch. 

"Stop talking!" I snap at Yeonjun, he was telling me details of their plan on faking my death. "You can't just kill someone, magically alter their body to come off as me!" 

"They're going to die anyways." Yeonjun replied calmly to my yelling. 

"No." I turn and head for his door, stopping as soon as my hand touched the doorknob. This was to protect my family... the person was going to die anyways, their soul was already too far tainted to be saved...

"Fine." I turn back around. My hands come up to rub at my eyes, this was wrong. "Just.... can I see them one last time?" 

"I don't think-"

"Please." I all but beg as I drop my hands, my eyes meeting his. "This will be the last time I ever see them, they won't remember me after this... there's no going back." My voice cracks at the end. The only reason they were faking my death was to please the public, my family had to forget all about me that way they had no mental connection to me. 

"As soon as you go all demon spawn on me, I'm knocking you out." He warned while pointing at me.

"So, I can see them?"

He raised a brow, letting me know I could.

"Thank you." Once again, shocking myself, I pull him into a hug. This one was very brief, me realizing what I had done. I step back and clear my throat, sending him a stiff nod, I turn and leave his room finally. 

"Perfect! I was coming to let you know I was going to start cooking." Taehyun said as I all but ran into him in my haste to leave the fallen angels room. 

"Oh, I'll come help." I offer with a small smile. 

"Great." 

I follow after him, my mind reeling over the fact I would finally see my family again... only to say goodbye though. My heart was warm and tight at the same time. I was happy to see them again but, it was a brief moment, then they would no longer know I existed. I wouldn't even me a memory to them... I would be nothing at all. 

I stop in my tracks as I remember someone, Shea. Would they be making her forget me too? Or just let her think I was dead? Was she in danger? More questions, it was never ending. 

"You okay?" Soobin had been walking towards us as we made it to the kitchen doorway. 

I blink and nod, plastering a smile on my face. "Yeah, I was just thinking that some cookies would be really good." 

He hummed as he nodded his head too. "They would be." 

"I'll make some then." I pat his arm as I walk by, glad I had distracted him. I had many questions of my own but, I didn't want anyone asking me to deep of questions.

An hour and half later and we were all at the table eating. I took notice that Huening Kai was shooting Soobin and Yeonjun some very pointed looks. I stop my food right as I was about to put it in my mouth when he turned to look at me. I raise a brow and shut my mouth as he froze, there was something that clearly needed to be said, and he didn't want to say it. 

"If this is about faking me death, I already know." I say simply before shoving my food in my mouth. I almost choke when I look back up and see how shocked he was. Beomgyu reaches over and pats me on the back as Soobin slides me a napkin. 

"You know? How?" His voice sounded frantic as he asked. 

"Me." Yeonjun cut in, not bothering to look up from his food. 

"And your family?" 

"Yes, I know that too." I answer now that I was dying.

"You're okay with it...?" Soobin asked, looking very doubtful. 

"It's for their own good." I sigh as I feel my mood dropping once again. I didn't want to think about it too much. 

"Are you okay, though?" Huening Kai questioned as he kept his eyes on me, his food forgotten for a moment. 

"I'm fine." I shovel the last bit of food in my mouth, standing as quickly as I could. I knew they were only worried but, if they kept asking if I was okay... I wouldn't be able to keep acting as if I was. 

I grab the cookies off the counter, setting a few on a plate for myself then, I slide it onto the table for them. I grab myself a glass and pour some milk, bidding them all good night as I leave. I felt bad for leaving Taehyun with the mess. I would have to make it up to him tomorrow. 

I set my plate of cookies down on my bedside table with a sigh, now that I was looking at them... I didn't want them. I take a sip of my milk, setting it down with the cookies. I then sit heavily down on my bed. 

I really wasn't okay, how could anyone be okay knowing their family was about to forget about them? I was also sad that my father had to pass before this plan was made, why didn't I think about them being in danger because of me? Was I really that self centered? I didn't even worry about them like I should have. Since I had seen them on the news, I had done nothing but act like they didn't exist. I was a terrible daughter. 

"You going to eat those?" 

I flinch when my thoughts were cut off by Soobin walking in. 

I pick the plate up, offering them to him. "You can have them. I took a sip of the milk, not sure if you have a problem with my cooties or not." 

"Cooties?" He burst out laughing almost letting the cookies slide off the plate. 

I let a smile come to my lips as I watch him laugh.