Off

"You're here to get my son's blood, I assume?" Andromalius asked as Yeonjun showed up at his doorstep.

"Yes, where is he? I don't have time to be waiting around." Yeonjun sidestepped a little to look around Andromalius'
shoulder.

"He should be here in just a moment." He replied, shifting his weight to block Yeonjun's view and catch his attention. "She really has you wrapped around her finger, huh?"

Yeonjun snapped his eyes up to meet his bosses. "What are you talking about?"

"I know you're only in a rush so she doesn't worry, or so she isn't out of your sight for too long. She's changing you, in many ways."

"I'm not changing in any way, I just don't feel like seeing your son for too long. If you do recall why he was sent back here in the first place."

"Yes, I recall it very well." Andromalius reaches a handout and places it on Yeonjun's shoulder. "There is nothing wrong with changing. You can't sit here and say you haven't changed. You're not as bloodthirsty as you used to be, you don't go out on hunts just so you can kill some human or demon."

Yeonjun shrugged his hand off his shoulder, taking a small step back. He didn't know what to say, Andromalis was right, he was not the same. He didn't enjoy the rush of the kill anymore. He didn't feel blood driven anymore.

"Again, nothing wrong with changing." Andromalius gave him a bright smile.

"Sir, Soren's blood." A lesser demon called from behind Andromalius.

"Thank you." He said to the demon, taking the blood and then turning to hand the small glass bottle to Yeonjun. "There you go didn't even have to see my son. That's great?"

Yeonjun looked from the bottle of blood then back up to meet Andromalius' eyes. "Great." He replied shortly. Yeonjun felt off not seeing the blood actually coming from Soren's veins, but he couldn't just call his boss out on a simple feeling.

"I also need to know, how do you plan on getting Evelyn on the verge of death? She plans on taking your deal, but she wants to know what all is going to happen."

Andromalius had to still himself, he was pleased to hear she was taking the deal. "I was thinking the best way to go about it was to pull a fragment of Apepi from her soul. That should do the job."

Yeonjun tightened his grip on the glass. "Won't that be agonizing for a human?" Yeonjun wanted his boss to throw out a plan that was painless, not something that would cause her so much pain.

"That, or drive a sword through her. There is no easy way to bring her close to death. If we were to use a spell then we risk that magic messing with her switch from mortal to immortal. I'm sure Evelyn will be fine, a moment of pain for endless years and power of her own? Perfect deal."

Yeonjun turns and leaves without a word.

~

I come out of the bathroom after brushing my teeth for the 10th time since Taehyun had given me that nasty smoothie I need to drink to slow the decay down.

"You okay now?" Beomgyu asked as I entered the living room.

For the first time in over a week, they were all home on time for dinner and now we sat in the living room having ice cream. All but one of us that was.

Ever since Yeonjun came back from seeing Andromalius, he has been acting off, like he was pissed.

"What flavor do you want?" Soobin asked as he held up the box with a few different types of ice cream in it.

I step over and grab two watermelon ice creams. "I'm going to see what's up with Yeonjun, he seems mad at something."

"Good luck." Huening Kai offered as he lifted his ice cream up as if toasting me for my bravery.

"I'm not going to war or something." I shoot over my shoulder as I head for the hall.

I knock on his door and only wait for a second before I open it, not even bothering to give him time to invite me in.

I plop down on the edge of his bed holding an ice cream out for him.

"Take it before it melts." I say as he just sat there looking at me as if I had just kicked his door down.

"I don't want it, I need some time to think, alone."

I toss the ice cream into his lap. "Well, let it melt on your lap then, I don't care." I open mine up and start to eat it.

"Evelyn, just go join the other and have fun."

"Who says I'm not having fun right now? Dark rooms are always the best place for fun, and a sulking dude always makes it so much better."

"Why do you always have to be a smart ass?"

"Why do you always have to be so moody? Let me guess, it's not a faze?"

He grabs his ice cream up and throws it at my head.

I duck just in time for it to miss me and hit the wall. The wrapper pops open from the force, leaving a small trails of ice cream down his wall and onto his floor.

"That was rude." I straighten up and pull my brows down. A part of me was coiling back, worried he was going to act like he used to. I calm down and tell myself there was no reason to over think it yet, I was getting onto his nerves on purpose. "What's going on? What happened with Andromalius?"

Yeonjun turned his head away, crossing his arms. "Nothing."

I roll my eyes. "You're acting like a child, that's my job, not yours." I close my ice cream the best I could, setting it down on his night stand and moving closer to him. "Tell me what happened. Does this have to do with me switching?"

And he turned to look at me, giving me one answer.

"How bad is it going to be?" My gut started to twist as I think over everything that could be done to pretty much kill me.

"He plans on ripping a fragment or Rerek from your soul, he said that should be perfect to bring you to the edge of death. It's either that are physically hurting you. He can't use magic because it may mess with your switch."

"Well, that sounds very painful..." I trail off as I lean back, my eyes drifting off to stare at the wall. This was not what I was expecting.