Food

The next few days was filled with me focusing on learning to cloak the demon powers that were in me. Soobin, figured it might help in my over all goal, control the demon's powers and influence on me.

"This so boring!" Beomgyu groaned as he threw himself on the ground. The weather was bad out and they had no missions today so, Beomgyu had decided on his own to join us.

"You're the one that wanted to join us." Soobin, snapped back.

I had to hold a laugh back at how annoyed he looked at his friend, sometimes they all seemed like brothers. I shake my head and stand up, my body was stiff from sitting cross legged for so long.

"How about we go mess with Taehyun, until he makes us food?" I suggest to the man child that was rolling around on the floor.

He jumps up with a smile and grabs my hand, pulling me after him before Soobin could speak up in protest.

"Wait!" We laughed as he heard him yell out in frustration.

I wasn't doing this to make things harder on him, I could tell he needed a break as well. I was trying hard to make things lighter around here, I had moped around long enough. Well, in front of them anyways... when I was alone at night I still let it all bother me, my father had passed a few days ago, of course I would still be upset. I knew they were all worried, they all gave me looks of concern when they thought I wasn't looking. Who wouldn't be worried though? I had lost someone very dear to me yet, I acted as if it never happened.

I come to a stop at the foot of Taehyun's bed, while my company threw himself down on the bed. Taehyun sighed as he marked his book he was reading, I tried to read the title but, it was a language I didn't know.

"What do you want?" The silver haired man asked his friend that had messed with his peaceful environment.

"Food!" Beomgyu replied with a big grin as he rolled over to face him.

"If you don't mind." I add folding my hands together in front of me, I liked seeing them act this way with one another but, I didn't want to act out of place. I still felt like an outsider around them sometimes. They never made me feel that way, that was my own thinking that made me feel this way.

"Why can't you ask like her?" Taehyun shot at Beomgyu, who only rolled his eyes.

"Because, I'm me." Beomgyu replied as if it answered everything which, I guess it did.

I follow after Taehyun as he makes his way out of his room, Beomgyu stumbling to his feet with a cry for us to wait on him. I smile as he falls into step next to me, it was easier to push all the painful thoughts away when they were all so lively.

Though, there was one among them all that never gave off this type of energy, at least not around me.

Yeonjun was leaning against the counter, talking with Huening Kai. He had a smile on his face, a real smile. It wasn't mocking or taunting in the slightest, it was one of real joy. It made his eyes spark a little, bringing a small ray of light to those usual dark pits.

It all ended though, as soon as his eyes met mine, he pushed off the counter and made his way out the kitchen. His arm knocked into my shoulder as he passed by.

I bite my cheek as I focus back on the others, forcing a smile to my lips. I didn't know what had made Yeonjun even more pissed at me but, I would brush it off.

"So, what are we having?" I clap my hands together.

~*~

Soobin caught Yeonjun by the arm as he stalked down the hall, more then likely headed for his room.

"What?" Yeonjun snapped as he pulled away.

"What happened the night you healed her arm? You have done nothing but act as if she did something wrong, what did she do?" Soobin crossed his arms as he turned to fully face the fallen angel.

"She did nothing."

"Really? Then what is this mood for? I know something is up."

Yeonjun rolled his eyes, he wasn't about to admit why he was so pissed at the girl.

"It's nothing, I'm just still worn out from healing her arm. Being around her makes my head hurt because of Rerek's presence in her." It was a flat out lie, one he knew they would buy.

Soobin nodded his head in understanding. "Then why not visit Andromalius? Take a breather."

"I'll be fine in a few days." Yeonjun was not about to leave them all to deal with her alone. "What if she flips? You going to get into her mind and calm the demon down?"

Soobin said nothing, knowing there was nothing he could say, Yeonjun was right, there was nothing they could do to stop her once she was in that state.

"Just, try and relax for a few days then." Soobin didn't know what else to say.

~~

So ik this one is shorter but, I will now not force myself to write a full 1,000 word part if it doesn't fit right. I won't be writing 500 word parts, just ones that end at like 800-900.

I'm trying to find ways to not stress so much about writing bc it feel so overwhelming to force out 1,000 plus words every time, messes with flow.

Anyways, have a good one!