Admitting

Dinner was forgotten as everyone's eyes were on Yeonjun, we all wanted to know what was going on. I wanted to know why I was the cause of it.

"The day Evelyn came back she marked me." I look around as everyone seemed shocked by what he said, I had no idea what it meant.

I marked him? How and what?

"How?" Taehyun asked as he leaned back on the countertop, his arms crossed.

"Her soul went through me as it was returning to her body."

"Holy shit." Beomgyu said as he slapped a hand over his mouth.

"It's not that dramatic Beomgyu." Yeonjun said as he rolled his eyes. "Any more questions? I plan on explaining this to Evelyn, alone."

My heart dropped a little, I was nervous to know what his words meant. By the way the others acted, it didn't seem too good.

Soobin shook his head just as Beongyu raised his hand. "Go, we know all we need right now."

I step back as Yeonjun walks over to me and grabs my hand up, pulling me after him. I shoot a look over my shoulder, begging someone to not leave me alone with him.

As we make it to his room, I pull away and take a few steps away for my mental health. My heart was already starting to pick up its pace as I thought over the little information I had. I watch Yeonjun as he paces his room a few times, seeming to try and gather his own thoughts.

"What's going on?" I finally ask, the silence was killing me.

"You marked my soul the day you came back."

"I picked that up, what does that mean?"

He sighs as he sits down on his bed. "Angels can have mates, but they have to mark each other's souls. For angels that's easy, for them it's like marrying like humans, they are just physically bonding their souls. A bond that only death can break. For fallen angels, it's not easy because no angel will bond themselves to a fallen angel. I was never meant to have a 'soulmate'. Once I fell from heaven, that was it for me. I was never meant to love anyone in that sense, I accepted that a long time ago. Then you... you came along and messed that all up."

"How did I do this? I was dead?"

"The world did it then. Either way, your soul passed through me, touching mine. When your soul touched mine, you marked me. From that small moment, we were bonded until one of us dies."

"We're bonded... until death..?" I take a step back as I process what he was saying. "That means, we're 'soulmates' now...? I'm meant to be with you?" I swallow thickly as the thought of ending up with him forever settled in.

"That was why I wanted you gone, I was never meant to love anyone, I was never meant to bond my soul to anyone, but you messed that up." He stood up with his eyes locked on me. "But, the longer you stayed, the longer you fought to stay alive." He paused as he made it a few inches away from me. "The more my feelings started to grow for you. A human, I started to care for a human."

"No, this has to be a joke... you're playing with me again." It sounded like I was pleading for him to say it was really just a joke.

"I wish it was a joke."

I flinch a little as he cups my face with his hands. "You have fucked the life I knew, up... and now, I don't even care anymore."

"Yeonjun-"

"Don't, just listen for once. I have been acting this way towards you, so you wouldn't get close to me. I wanted to drive you away, I wanted you to hate me... I thought that if you looked at me as if I was nothing more than scum, maybe I would be able to keep myself from growing to care for you. I tried so damn hard to keep it up, to keep acting like I hated you like I did in the beginning, but I can't keep the act up. It's not even because of the bond, but you. You're a real fighter and I admire that about you. You have kept going this long, smiling and laughing... after everything you lost, after everything I put you through. You're still going. I just don't know what to do anymore. Everyone knows now that we're bonded, you know now. I... just don't know how to go about it. How do I even start building our real bond? How do I fix what I did to you? How do I apologize for hating you for something you couldn't control?"

"I don't hate you." I guess if he was laying everything out, I would too. "Is it because of the bond that I don't hate you for how you treated me?" Yes, he pissed me off easily. He made me want to punch him in the throat many times a day, but I did not hate him. He still did a lot to help me in the end. If he was never hard on me, would I have come this far?

"You don't have to lie, I know I was hard on you."

I shake my head as much as I could with him holding my cheeks. "I'm not, you did help me in the end by being hard on me. It lit a fire in me that has kept me going. Though, I still want to beat your ass for some things." I add the last part to let him know there was still some anger in me toward him. Him admitting why he acted the way he did, was not going to make me fall into his arms. He needed to try and make things better between us before I even gave him a chance to be close to me.

I step back as I realize something, causing his hands to fall from my face. "None of this matters, I'm still dying. In the end, our bond will still be broken. Why tell me now?"

"Because," He again got closer, this time grabbing my shoulders. "I want you to take Andromalius' deal, I want you to join us as soul a collector and stay with us. We've all grown attached to you, none of us want you to go."

"I don't know..."