Icing

Christmas was now a week away, and somehow I was roped into making gingerbread houses. 

I look up and watch the others make theirs as I hold mine together, waiting for the icing to set a bit before I continue decorating. 

"Guys," I wait for them all to look up before I finish speaking. Once they all looked up I take a small breath, feeling embarrassed. "I don't have any gifts for you so, please, don't get me anything." I didn't have any extra money to buy them anything, and I felt really bad for it. 

"Evelyn, don't worry about that." Huening Kai waved his hand, sending a plop of green icing into Soobin's hair. 

I bite my lip to keep from laughing as Soobin feels the icing hit his head. 

"Really though, I don't want you guys to get me anything, you've already given me so much over these past few months." 

"Too late!" Beomgyu sang happily as he licked the icing off his fingers. 

I groan as I let my gingerbread house go. Seeing that it was steady, I reach for the white icing, wanting to add "snow" on the roof and base of it. Yeonjun slaps my hand out of the way lightly, sending me a smirk as he snatched the icing up. I huff and wait for him to get done. I tap my finger on the table top, waiting while glaring at him the whole time. 

"Take a picture, it'll last longer." He comments as he looks up for a second. 

"I really don't want to break a poor camera."

"With my beauty?" He smirked as he stopped icing his house. 

"More like with how ugly you are." Beomgyu cut in after he had finally returned from washing all the icing from his face that Soobin had so kindly wiped all over it. 

"What he said." I offer my fist to Beomgyu, laughing as we fist bump. 

"Why you little shits!" He takes a dab of icing and throws it at Beomgyu, before doing the same to me. 

I snatch up the blue icing and squeeze some into my hand, leaning over the table, wiping it into his hair. 

"We're supposed to be deco-" Huening Kai gets cut off by Taehyun wiping bright pink icing over his mouth. 

Our houses ended up being forgotten as the icing was used on all of our faces and hair. A part of me ached as my ears were filled with the sounds of our laughs, it hurt that I wasn't doing this with my family but, a part of me was glad my first Christmas in the new chapter of my life was so cheerful. I was also slightly shocked that Yeonjun was actually joining in on the fun. I wondered if this was how he was with them all the time, and he had finally gotten used to me being around? I was not going to ask and ruin the moment. 

An hour later and all the icing was gone, and our houses were still very bare. 

"I'm just going to eat it." Beomgyu said while snapping his apart. 

I shrug and follow suit, no sense and wasting them. 

"We could have just gotten more icing..." Soobin said a little too late. His eyes dart over all our broken house, shrugging he then pulls his apart as well. 

As we ate away at our semi decorated house, Taehyun passes around the pack of wet wipes. Everyone taking a few and trying to get all the icing partly off of them. 

The smile that tugged the corner of my lips up was a fond one, who would have thought my life would come to this. Gaining friends in a very strange way. 

I flinch as I'm smacked in the face with a wet wipe. I slowly pull it off as most of them burst out laughing, the only ones trying to fight their laughter, was Soobin, and Taehyun. 

"Who did that?" I question with narrowed eyes. 

All fingers go to Beomgyu. 

"I was trying to hit Huening Kai!" He defends as he stops laughing, holding his hands up. 

"Do I look like Huening Kai?" 

"Definitely not, he is much cuter." Yeonjun threw in as I stand to go after Beomgyu. 

I snatch the wet wipe out of Soobin's hand, throwing it at Yeonjun before I chase after a screaming Beomgyu. 

Beomgyu runs around the couch, still screaming how it wasn't his fault, that it was the wipes for not going the way he threw it. I try and go around to get him but, of course it was a game of back and forth. While I was behind the couch I catch Taehyun's eye, tilting my head a little to try and let him know I wanted him to catch the screaming man. 

He nodded as he stood up, a big smile on his face as he sneaks up behind him. Taehyun lets out a high pitched scream as he wraps his arms around Beomgyu's torso, lifting him up, and then putting down on his side on the floor. He holds him in place as I come around and wipe all the icing off the wipe back onto his face. 

~~

This probably sucks butttt. I wanted some bonding time between them yk? Idk tbh 😭