Cry

As my feet left the concrete ledge of the building I felt as if a thousand tiny little strings were pulling through my body, from my toes to my head, where it all stopped. Something told me that was the demon letting control over my body go, he didn't need it anymore. I was already falling.

For one second all I could think about was how this was yet another unfair thing to happen to me in the span of a month, but then all I could focus on was the whistle of the wind as my weight took me to what would probably be a very messy end.

My hair and clothes were being snatched by the wind as if tiny little fingers were trying to stop me from falling, but my weight was far to much for them to hold.

All thoughts and emotions were also snatched by the wind as it felt like I was falling for a while, but had only been two seconds. I decide the last thing I could do was close my eyes and just accept what was happening.

I am weak.

I couldn't face death with my eyes open, I had to close my eyes like a child who had been scared. Everything was coming and going as fast as I was falling... before it all stopped.

I didn't dare open my eyes, I didn't feel any pain, I didn't hear my body snap as it hit the hard ground. Slowly my senses came back and I realized I did feel something against me, but it wasn't the ground.

"I didn't really think you would do it."

That was Yeonjun's voice, but how was I hearing him? He had been on the roof not even a few seconds ago.

I couldn't say anything as my body started to shake as if I had been dipped in an ice bath, reality started to hit me hard on what just happened.

Not even worried with the fact I was in his arms, I curl myself into a ball and bury my face into his chest as my breaths came in ragged pants.

I almost died... again.

Who would have thought that facing death for the second time would be just as terrifying as the first, maybe a bit more the second time.

"What happened to her?"

I could hear Soobin question making me hope we were in the dorm, I didn't really care where we were as long as we were on solid ground.

"Give me a moment." Yeonjun replied before he started walking.

I finally open my eyes when I feel myself being set down on a bed, I was back in my room. My eyes go up to meet Yeonjun's.

I didn't know if I should say anything, what would I say? Instead of opening my mouth, I turn and face the wall, I didn't want anyone to see how my lower lip started to tremble.

Yeonjun said nothing as he left my room, closing the door behind him.

When I hear it click, I let myself cry. I cursed at the demon in my head, I cursed at myself for letting it get this far. I was one stupid weak human.

Why didn't he let you die?

That was the only question I had for Yeonjun, he could gave easily let me keep falling to my death, then they wouldn't have to bother with me.

~*~

Huening Kai had explained everything to them before Yeonjun came back into the room, taking up his usual spot on the couch.

"How could you say those things to her?" The angel marched over to his friend, feeling his own anger bubble up.

"I was trying to snap her back to her senses." Is all he said back.