Peas

I stand by the stove, stirring the boiling pot of noodles. I held a frozen bag of peas to my jaw, trying to ease the swelling.

"You know, if you gained better control over your powers, you would be able to heal yourself." Soren commented from his place at the table.

"You know, if you had been a little less forceful. I wouldn't be in so much pain!" I snap as I turn to face him. "I know you're training me for what's really out there, but why not start a little slow? Why go straight into it? It's not like I'm planning on being on hunts next week."

"Andromalius just wants you ready for anything." I felt like there was something more going on here.

"Whatever." I grumble as I turn and flip the heat to the pot off, the food was done. "You can make your own plate." I wanted to be in my room before the others got here, something was telling me some of them may not take well to seeing me covered in brusies.

But, my plans never seem to work.

"We're home!" Beomgyu shouted as I hear the sound of stumbling. He was probably rushing to take his shoes off so he could get some food.

I meet Soren's eyes, and then I was in my room. The bag of peas still in my hand.

I didn't even get the chance to get me some food.

I sigh as I let myself fall back onto my bed. My body was aching in so many different places, my jaw definitely hurt the most.

I wonder what I needed to do to try and heal myself. Maybe just envision my body healing?

I close my eyes and focus on my soreness going away. I lay there for the longest time, trying as hard as I could, but nothing seemed to happen.

At some point, I must have passed out. I had been woken up by the feeling of something wet on me. The peas had thawed and wet the bed next to my face.

"Fuck." I groan as I sit up, the peas falling to the ground.

I bend over and pick the peas up, getting up to put them in the fridge. I guess we would have to cook them tomorrow so they wouldn't go bad.

I stop right in the living room as I see the light in the kitchen was on. I wait a moment, trying to hear if anyone was in there, but I don't hear anything. Maybe one of them left the light on? It was 10 at night, I figured all of them would be in bed by now, worn out from their long day at work.

I ease around the corner into the kitchen, and when I see there was indeed no one in there. I stand straight and head for the fridge. Once I place the peas away, my eyes go to the sink. It was full of dishes.

I shake my head, knowing they really didn't want to worry about dishes when they had been fighting demons all day.

I bite my lip as I lean too far forward when I go to turn the water on. I step back and lift my shirt. I had seen the bruises forming earlier, but they were definitely looking worse as time went by.

"What happened to you?"

I jump as I hear someone speak behind me. I drop my shirt in an instant as I catch Taehyun's eye on my stomach that had a few dark purple spots on it.

"I- training was a little intense today." I offer with a sheepish laugh.

"Soren did this to you?" He asked as he stepped closer, his eyes now on the bruise on my jaw.

"He was just trying to make sure I was ready for what it's really like out there hunting." I didn't want to defend Soren, I just didn't want anyone losing their cool. Their boss was Soren's father after all.

"That is no excuse for you to be covered in bruises, he could have healed you at least."

My eyes widen as he turns on his heel and heads out of the kitchen. Where are you going?" I ask as I catch up to him.

"Going to have a word with him. He should not be hitting you that hard. He should have started light."

"Teahyun, stop. It's okay. It made me see how far I need to go." I say as I grab his arm and pull him to a stop.

"That still doesn't make it okay!"

"I'll get the hang of it, then I won't have to worry about getting hurt."

"Why are you acting as if you're defending him?" He stepped back as he eyed me up and down. "Did he do something?"

"No," I wave my hands. "I just know Andromalius ordered for him to train me. I don't want anyone getting in trouble. You guy's, not him." I try and clarify that I was in no way trying to defend the half demon, I didn't care if he got his throat ripped out. I was only worried about the people I cared for, I didn't know how far Andromlius would let them go when it came to his own son.

"What is going on?"

"Fuck." I breathe out as I hear Yeonjun. My eyes meet Taehyun's begging him to not say anything. If I left right this second, Yeonjun wouldn't have to know what was going on.

Taehyun tilted his head to the side a little before he reached up and grabbed my shoulders, turning me to face Yeonjun.

Yeonjun's eyes go to the spot on my jaw right away. "What happened?" He asked through clenched teeth as he walked over.

"Soren." Taehyun replied before I could even open my mouth. "There are more on her stomach."

Yeonjun's eyes meet Taehyun's, then he looks down at me. "Why did you not call us?"

I gulp a little as I could already see how pissed he was. "It was just training. If I can't handle that, I will never make it out there with you guys."

"Evelyn, you're stupid." He replied shortly.

"How am I stupid? I know what he did was out of pocket, but his father, your boss. Wants me ready for what it's like out there. You can't just go against your boss."

"Watch me." I watch slightly shocked as he turns and heads out the door.

I turn to face Taehyun, knowing things were not about to end well.

I pop up in the middle of the studio that Soren had been using as his room while he stayed with us.

I was right when I said it wasn't going to end well.