Nerves

The next few days passed by with a fake smile plastered on my face, the others gave me odd looks as I walked around as if I was a robot.

This was my way of trying to keep my emotions at bay, act as if I was soulless, heartless, empty. A shell of a person.

On the outside I was doing a great job at it, on the inside... not so much.

My head and heart were constantly fighting between being empty and being full of shit. It was worse at night when I had nothing to distract me. I had been staying on the upper floor, going from room to room, finding anything to do, trying to stay busy, while also avoiding the boys.

The only time I would see them, was when one of them would bring me food and bother me until I stopped whatever I was doing and ate. It was getting annoying but, I know they meant well. Of course Yeonjun wasn't among them, I have hardly seen him the past few days, which was fine with me.

I really didn't know what I was going to do in the end, they had yet to find someone that was willing to work with me. It was making me feel hopeless, the only reason I was still alive was because me being alive was the only thing keeping that demon locked up in hell somewhere.

I close my eyes a second as Yeonjun pops up in my room, unannounced and uninvited.

Think of the devil and he shall appear...

"Can I help you?" I ask the dark haired man.

"No." Was his amazing reply, he strolled in and flopped down on my bed as if it was his, leaning back on the head rest and closing his eyes.

"Then... why are you in my room?" I eye him as he just lays there, unbothered as always.

"This is my home, I can go where I please."

I roll my eyes and stand up, I was not in the mood for his shit.

I flinch back as he pops up in my way. "Do that again, and I'll punch you in the throat." I warn.

"Am I getting on your nerves?" He asked with a smirk.

"Yes."

He let out a small laugh as he crossed his arms. "I knew you were faking being all emotionless."

"I'm not faking, I'm trying to keep a hold on them." I cross my arms as well and lean my weight onto one leg.

"Well, it seems you're still failing."

I throw my arms up, pissed off instantly. "Of course I am, you piss me off!"

"And why is that?"

"Oh my god- maybe because you're a dick? Ever think about that?" I raise a brow, I knew he had to think he was a bit much with how he acted.

I let out a gasp as he stepped forward and cupped my face with his hands.

"The fuck-"

"I think it's more then me being a dick." He cut me off as he leaned down to look me eye to eye.

"What are you saying? You-"

"I think it's the demon fragments that are in you." He cut me off again, making my hand itch to punch him.

"It's definitely you." I deadpan.

"No..."

I started to feel uncomfortable as he inched closer, looking into my eyes as if he would find something in them.

"Can you.. I don't know, back up?"

"Why? Am I making you nervous?" He smirked not moving away.

"More like, creeped out."

He hummed as he turned my head a little from side to side. "This may sting."

I yelp as I feel a ping of pain shoot through my head and down my neck.

"What are you doing?" I ask as I close my eyes, the pain growing strong quickly.

"Trying to see how strong the demon still is after him taking control, I need to see if it has a resting period."

I hold back a groan as my head starts to pound, none of this made any sense to me. A part of me wondered if he was doing as he said, or if he was doing this for his own pleasure.

After a few tense moments of silence and pain, I feel that same cold feeling again before all the pain was gone.

I let out a sigh as I open my eyes, only for them to widen a little as I see Yeonjun was even closer. My breath catching as I felt his fan over my face.

"Done?" I ask after I quickly pull myself together.

"Yeah." He stepped back, letting me relax a little.

"Soo..?" I wanted to know what he had found.

"Hard to say, but I think it does have at least a small resting period before it can take full control again..." He smirked again, I looked around trying to see what would cause him to do that. "I was right though, the demon doesn't like me."

My brows pull down. "How do you know?"

"Because it knows I can access your mind and I can find it. Demons don't like others learning their weaknesses. I also messed his plans up."

"That still doesn't change the fact, I don't like you anyways." From day one he had pissed me off.

He shrugs, not caring as usual. "Soobin will be helping you with temper control, for now."

"Okay..." At least someone was going to try and help I guess. Taehyun had helped with training me physically but, I did need a lot of help with the mental aspect of it as well.

He turns and heads out the door, just to lean his head back in a moment later.

"You coming?"

"Oh, you mean we start now?" I ask as I follow him out the door.

"Duh."

What I would give to wack him in the back of the head.

"Try it, if you want to lose your hand."

I drop my hand back down. How did he know I had raised it?

Soobin offered me a smile as we arrive at his door.

"Ready?"

I nod and follow after him now, I felt like a puppy. Always following one of them around.