Relish in it!

I gave up on trying to kick Andromalius, and instead threw my elbow back with as much force as I could muster.

I finally made contact, actually knocking the wind out of him and causing him to let me go.

I stumble away and turn around to face him.

"I may not be able to lend you my powers, but I can lend you physical strength."

Rerek was speakig to me again. A part of me felt relieved to have him back, but I was worried he was going to try and convince me to take his deal.

"Evelyn, there is no use and trying to fight. It's a waste of time and energy, you stand no chance here."

"Andromalius, I know you want Rerek's powers for your own. I also know there is another way for me to live, I'm not going to go down without a fight now that I know you've been lying this whole time."

I wanted to look over my shoulder and make sure Yeonjun was okay, but I knew better then to take my eyes off of Andromalius.

"What do I do? I really don't stand a chance in a fight with him..." I asked Rerek, what else could I do at the moment? Even though I landed one blow, there was no way I could fight him head-on.

"No clue kid, you're doomed while you're stuck here."

So I needed to get out of here, but I never got that far in teleporting. Yeonjun could get us out of here, but he was still fighting off demons.

"You already have one fragment, that should be enough power for you, not like you need anymore." I had no idea why I was talking or what I was even trying to say. My gut was in knots as Andromalius stared me down. I had never seen this man in a rage, but I could see the anger in his silver eyes. The red that were usually just small hints of color were much more prominent now.

Andromalius shook his head. "I'm taking all of his powers, I will not risk him returning all for one human girl."

Before I could open my mouth to respond, someone else had grabbed me from behind.

"How blindly you follow people. You guys should really learn to not trust anyone. Especially a demon."

"Fucking scum!" I yell as I fling my limps around trying to get Soren to let me go.

"Help me here." Soren called out to a few demons that rushed over.

Each of them grabs one of my arms. Soren then grabs the back of my neck forcing me to the ground.

"This is going to hurt." Rerek warned a second before my back started to burn.

I let out a scream and tuck my head down as the skin between my shoulder blades felt as if it was being sliced open with a red-hot knife.

"What are you doing?" I call out loud not being able to simply think the thoughts through the pain.

My eyes were closed tight as the feeling changed into something forcing its way out of my back.

I snap my eyes open and jerk my head up as I hear a demon screech in pain.

There was a giant snake attached to the demon's neck.

"Holy shit." I breathe out the snake easily tears the demon's throat out. The demon's body crumbles to the ground as the snake goes after another that had come running at me.

On my other side, another snake was in the process of ripping the other demon's arm off its body.

I was thrown into a state of shock as I watched the snakes attack any demon that was close enough for it to reach, what was even more unsettling was the fact I could feel the snakes moving. I could feel every bite they took of a demon, every time their tongues flicked out of their mouths, their blood lust, All of it. They were what had came out of my back, their 'tails' were still attached to my back.

"What are you really?" I ask Rerek as I watch more demons fall. "I thought you couldn't use powers here?"

"I can't, a snake is my natural form, I just allowed you to finally access that part of the fragments."

"But why? Why help me when I turned your deal down?" None of this was making sense to me, he was a demon, and I had his powers locked away in me, why help me?

"I love chaos. This is chaos. You've shocked me over my time with you, you're a weak human, but you're still going... Even I can admit when I admire someone else's sheer will to keep going."

"You've grown soft." I let out a chuckle that slightly shocked me, I think I was going crazy finally. "Thank you."

"Don't thank me, just show me some chaos."

I nod and finally gather myself and get to my feet.

"I think I can do that."

Something felt like it snapped in me as I made eye contact with one of the snakes, its blood lust was mine now. I wanted all these demons to suffer.

My vision shifted, I felt things come into focus, things were brighter and more detailed. I felt my fingers twitch as my nails lengthened into claws.

"Finally, let it out. Let all your rage out, breathe in the scent of blood. Relish in it!"

I turn to where Yeonjun was still fighting to stay on his feet.

My feet started to move on their own toward where he was.

My lips curled into a smile as Andromalius called out for his demons to stop me.

"Good luck." I wasn't the only one speaking, Rerek was speaking as well through me.

It didn't bother me how much I wanted to watch all the demons in this room burn. I wanted them to beg for mercy as I ripped them apart.

And I was going too.